Banner is PNW’s student information system. See how to request access to Banner’s administrative pages and document management system.
Who Needs to Request Access?
- New hires requiring first-time access
- Requests for additional access for existing accounts
- Departmental transfers (automatic review and re-authorization of access is required for all departmental transfers)
Banner Access Request Steps
- Prior to requesting access ALL users must complete the following certifications on www.purdue.edu/webcert. You will need your career account username and password to login.
- FERPA – annually
- GLBA – annually
- Protecting SSNs – annually
- Data Handling – annually
- All requests for PNW Banner Admin Pages access must be sent by the requestor’s department head to Banner Security (firstname.lastname@example.org). Security request should include:
- Type of access needed (i.e. Banner admin pages)
- Reason for this access: job function (i.e. advisor)
- Specific needs, such as name of Banner page(s) or name of another individual within the department whose access to mirror
- Career account
- Once Banner Security receives this email, we will send this request on to the data stewards for approval.
- Once Banner Security receives approval back from all needed data stewards, the request will be processed and an email will be sent to the individual and their department head notifying them of their access.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, there is a means to get to associated pages called “Related to Current”. This is accessed via the ‘Go To’ menu.
Yes, you will be able to use wildcard searches when searching, though you may not need to use them all the time. Administrative Banner features ‘auto complete’ that provides a list of items that match what you are typing. It assumes the wildcard at the beginning and the end of the entered text.
- Filters are case-sensitive.
- Verify that you have selected the appropriate operator from the drop-down.
- Multiple fields can be selected to narrow your results.
- Try adding the Percent Sign (%) wildcard to your search.
The recommended browsers for best performance are Firefox and Chrome. However, Administrative Banner can be used on Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Edge.
This error indicates that Banner has become out-of-sync with your BoilerKey session. To fix the problem, use the padlock icon on the Application Navigator menu to sign out of Banner, then sign back in.
If that fails, make sure that browser cookies are enabled (including third-party cookies) and follow the steps below.
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + DELETE simultaneously while in Chrome or Firefox.
- You should get a prompt that asks you to clear your browser data.
- From here, you can ensure “Cookies and other site data” is checked and select “Clear data”.
- Close the browser
- Open the browser and try again.
Note: The above will clear out your browser data. If the error still occurs, contact the Customer Service Center for additional assistance.
When your Banner session times out, your browser is automatically redirected to the BoilerKey login page. This login page will also time out after a while, and will not allow you to log in the first time you try. The best way to work around this issue is to refresh the BoilerKey login page before signing in if you have been away from your desk. You may do this by either pressing the “F5” key or by clicking the page refresh icon in your browser.