WebEx provides on-demand collaborative web meetings and conferencing. Purdue faculty and staff can use WebEx to hold class online, present webinars, and provide online office hours. How-to guides below which will open up in a separate window.
WebEx How-To Guides:
- Scheduling Your Meeting (PDF)
- Adding an Alternate Host to a Meeting (PDF)
- Generating a Personal Conference number via Webex (PDF)
- Your Personal Meeting Room (PDF)
- How to start your meeting (PDF)
- Setting up your webcam (PDF)
- Manage the Audio Settings (PDF)
- Sharing your content (PDF)
- Recording your Meeting (PDF)
- Retrieving and sharing your recording (PDF)
- How to Join a WebEx Meeting (PDF)
- How to Run a Temporary Application (PDF)
- WebEx Etiquette (PDF)
Who Can Use WebEx?
Purdue faculty and staff can schedule meetings that anyone can participate or present in. Once the session has begun, hosting authority can be transferred to any participant, including students. Instructors who want students to host meetings (for remote group work or other course activities) can request semester-long host access for their students. It may also be important to generate a conference number; you can generate a conference number (PDF) with this how-to guide.
Depending on how you wish to connect to the meeting, you will need some combination of the following:
- Computer with internet connection
- Webcam – See this guide on Webcam recommendations (PDF)
- Mobile Device (The WebEx App is available through Apple iTunes and the Google Play Store)
What are conference rooms the most equipped for WebEx?
- Lawshe 305
- Lawshe 333 – Upgraded equipment coming soon!
- Lawshe 347 – Upgraded equipment coming soon!
- Dworkin Student Services and Activities Complex (DSSAC) 1114-M
- Schwarz Hall 135
- Schwarz Hall 142 – Upgraded equipment coming soon!
- Schwarz Hall 155 – Upgraded equipment coming soon!
- Schwarz Hall 160
- Technology Building 345
Unit/College/Department Conference Rooms
- Westville campus – Library-Student-Faculty Building 132
- Hammond campus – Classroom Office Building 239
College of Nursing
- Hammond campus – Classroom Office Building 314
College of Technology
- Hammond campus – Anderson 247
- Hammond campus – Powers 201 – Upgraded equipment coming soon!
- Hammond campus – Gyte 134
- Westville campus – Technology Building 225
What if my conference room doesn’t have equipment or AV?
Please submit a ticket through the Customer Service Center through email at email@example.com or by phone at 219-989-2888.
What are the system requirements?
WebEx can be accessed from a web browser on PC, Mac, and Linux. iPhone, iPad and Android apps are available in the iTunes and Google Play stores. Detailed system requirements are listed here online.
Do I have everything I need for WebEx?
Below is a checklist guide that will assist you with making sure your meeting runs smoothly whether you are the host or a participant!
The A/V Department offers a meet and greets to help assist you with WebEx. If you are unsure of how to start WebEx, please contact the A/V department by sending in a ticket through the Customer Service Center by either phone at 219-989-2888 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training and Support
Training and support for WebEx are available from OIT.
Please contact the OIT at (219) 989-2873 or at email@example.com for assistance.