WebEx is an on-demand collaborative web meeting and conferencing software used to
- Present webinars
- Hold class online
- Provide virtual office hours
- Using your Purdue credentials, log into the WebEx portal.
Who can use WebEx?
- Purdue faculty and staff can schedule meetings that anyone can participate or present in. Once the session has begun, hosting authority can be transferred to any participant, including students. Instructors who want students to host meetings (for remote group work or other course activities) can request semester-long host access for their students. It may also be important to generate a conference number; you can generate a conference number (PDF) with this how-to guide.
What equipment is needed?
Depending on how you wish to connect to the meeting, you will need some combination of the following:
- Computer with internet connection
- Webcam – See this guide on Webcam recommendations (PDF)
- Mobile Device (The WebEx App is available through Apple iTunes and the Google Play Store)
Guides for Scheduled Meetings:
- Scheduling Your Meeting (PDF)
- Adding an Alternate Host to a Meeting (PDF)
- How to start a scheduled meeting (PDF)
- Setting up your webcam (PDF)
- Sharing your content (PDF)
- Recording your Meeting (PDF)
- Retrieving and sharing your recording (PDF)
Guides for Joining Meetings and Troubleshooting:
- Manage the Audio Settings (PDF)
- Web Ex Guide with Audio Troubleshooting Flowchart (PDF)
- Web Ex Guide Accessible Version (PDF)
- How to Join a WebEx Meeting (PDF)
- How to Run a Temporary Application (PDF)
- WebEx Etiquette (PDF)
- Equipment needed (PDF)
- Generating a Personal Conference number via Webex (PDF)
- Personal Meeting Room (PDF)
What conference rooms are equipped to run WebEx?
- CLO 230, 239, 310
- LAWS 218, 232, 247, 305, 333
- PWRS 210, 204
- SULB 090, 092, 321
- Dworkin Student Services and Activities Complex (DSSAC) 1114-M
- Schwarz Hall 135
- Schwarz Hall 160
- Technology Building 345
- Technology Building 368
Unit/College/Department Conference Rooms
- Westville campus – Library-Student-Faculty Building 132
- Hammond campus – Classroom Office Building 239
College of Nursing
- Hammond campus – Classroom Office Building 314
College of Technology
- Hammond campus – Anderson 247
- Hammond campus – Powers 201
- Hammond campus – Powers 226A
- Hammond campus – Gyte 134
- Westville campus – Technology Building 225
What if my conference room does not have all the equipment?
Please email the Customer Service Center one week prior to your scheduled meeting to ensure equipment will be available during this time. Include the room number, date, and time of your meeting.
What are the system requirements?
WebEx can be accessed from a web browser on PC, Mac, and Linux. iPhone, iPad and Android apps are available in the iTunes and Google Play stores. Detailed system requirements are listed here online.
Do I have everything I need for WebEx?
Below is a checklist guide that will assist you with making sure your meeting runs smoothly whether you are the host or a participant!
Training and Support
Training and support for WebEx are available from OIT.
Please contact the OIT at (219) 989-2873 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.