New Student-Family Lounges in CLO and LSF
October 7, 2021
Dear PNW Campus Community,
We are committed to making PNW a welcoming and inclusive campus and to supporting a variety of students’ needs. PNW has created Student-Family Study Lounges on the Hammond and Westville campuses as a way to help PNW students with children study and engage with fellow students.
Each of these lounges contains workstations and play areas so that parents can work and study on campus while caring for their kids. The Hammond lounge is located in Classroom Office Building (CLO) 139, and the Westville lounge is located in Library Student Faculty Building (LSF) 139.
The rooms are open right now, so please feel free to drop in anytime and check them out! We will be hosting a grand opening later this month, so look for an announcement about that special event soon.
Please observe the following rules while using the lounges:
- Use of the Student-Family Study Lounges is subject to applicable Purdue Northwest procedures, including the policy on Use of Facilities and current COVID policy, which requires masking at all times while inside University buildings.
- PNW assumes no liability for personal injury or damages resulting from use of the Student-Family Study Lounges.
- We are not providing child care at this time, so please never allow children to go unattended.
- Nearby restrooms are equipped with changing stations; please do not change diapers in the lounges.
- Please keep the lounge areas clean and remove any personal items or trash when leaving.
- Students not accompanied by children are asked to yield workstations and other amenities in the lounges to students who are accompanied by children.
Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Dean of Students