PNW COVID-19 Guest Policy
PNW faculty or staff who are considering inviting vendors, collaborators or other guests (those not employed by or attending PNW) to campus need to follow our official guest protocol.
Before You Start
Do you need to meet in person? Determine whether the same outcomes may be achieved by a virtual meeting.
If an on-campus meeting is necessary to achieve the desired outcomes, the following procedures must happen.
Prior to Your Meeting
Send an email outlining campus policies as they relate to COVID-19 and keeping campus safe, including the following information.
- Specific instructions about the meeting location, including which door to use to gain access to the building
- List of symptoms with instructions for guests who aren’t fully vaccinated not to come if those symptoms are present
- Notice that face coverings are required at all times inside buildings for guests that aren’t fully vaccinated, including for the duration of the meeting. See the latest guidelines.
- Share that guests that aren’t fully vaccinated need to follow social-distancing requirements of 6 feet from others at all times (even when wearing a mask)
- Remind guests to watch for directional and informational signs and be sure to follow their instructions
- Ask guests to watch PNW’s COVID-19 Training Videos and fill out our pre-visit safety survey.
Dear (PNW Invited Guest Name)-
I look forward to our in-person meeting at Purdue University Northwest. Before your visit, I wanted to shares some policy updates designed to keep our campus community safe during COVID-19.
Your meeting will take place in (Building name and Office number).
Please use (list the entrance and specific door) to enter the building.
Before Your Visit
- In preparation for your visit, we ask that you review our COVID-19 Guest Training Videos and then take our pre-visit safety survey.
- face coverings are required at all times inside buildings for guests that aren’t fully vaccinated, including for the duration of the meeting. See the latest guidelines.
- Guests that aren’t fully vaccinated need to follow social-distancing requirements of 6 feet from others at all times (even when wearing a mask)
- On the day of your visit, we ask guests who aren’t fully vaccinated to please review the list of symptoms on the CDC website and reschedule if any symptoms, even mild, are present.
During Your Visit
- Be prepared for changes to restrooms and water fountains due to campus safety measures.
- Please be mindful of directional and informational signs and be sure to follow their instructions.
We look forward to your visit and appreciate you respecting our policies as we navigate theses challenging times.
If you have any questions about your visit, please let me know.
While on Campus
At the outset of the meeting, any necessary instructions about bathroom/building usage should be given by meeting host.
How to Safely Wear a Face Covering
Steps to Proper Hand Washing