PNW Strategic Plan and Acknowledgments
October 1, 2020
We are very excited to share the final draft of the PNW Strategic Plan for 2020-2025 with the PNW community and our stakeholders in Northwest Indiana and beyond.
It represents a clear statement about who we are and what we are becoming, and secures our future as a leading metropolitan university in the changing landscapes of higher education and our regional economy. It is the culmination of more than a year of analyses, debate, listening, and writing by the Strategic Planning Task Force and the University community.
Strategic Planning Process
As we have previously shared, the development process began with engagement sessions which included participation from over 1,500 faculty, staff members, students, alumni and members of the Northwest Indiana community. The data gathered from these sessions were analyzed, and the task force identified the strategic themes that appear in the document, along with our vision, mission, and values statements.
These were shared with the campus community, along with a survey soliciting feedback, in March of 2020. A completed draft was presented to the Senior Leadership Team in July, and a final draft was approved in September.
We invite you to view the Strategic Plan at PNW Strategic Plan 2020-2025.
Acknowledgements and Gratitude
We extend our sincere thanks to the many members of the Strategic Planning Task Force, but especially to Karen Stachyra and Colin Fewer, who served as the co-chairs. Their tireless efforts stewarded the process to this successful conclusion. Andy Pettee and Lori Feldman were the original co-chairs of the team and provided outstanding leadership in the early phases of the project.
Rebecca Stankowski and Michael Bourgeois made invaluable contributions to the writing team’s work. Finally, thank you to everyone who took the time to provide insights and feedback throughout this year-long process.
We look forward to realizing the goals of the plan in the coming years and creating a bright future together for PNW and the communities we serve.
Kenneth C. Holford, Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
Stephen R. Turner, Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration
Strategic Planning Task Force
- Michelle Block, College of Nursing
- Renee Conroy, College of Humanities, Education, and Social Sciences
- Colin Fewer, College of Humanities, Education, and Social Sciences
- Cathy Gillotti, College of Humanities, Education, and Social Sciences
- Patti Ludwig-Beymer, College of Nursing
- Lash Mapa, College of Technology
- Cheryl Moredich, College of Nursing
- Russ Mulligan, College of Business
- Megan Murphy, College of Humanities, Education, and Social Sciences
- Karen O’Brien, College of Nursing
- Yu Ouyang, College of Humanities, Education, and Social Sciences
- Vanessa Quinn, College of Engineering and Sciences
- Dietmar Rempfer, College of Engineering and Sciences
- George Stefanek, College of Technology
- Pitparnee Stompor, College of Business
- Nicolae Tarfulea, College of Engineering and Sciences
- Shengyong Zhang, College of Engineering and Sciences
- Lin Zhao, College of Business
- Kathleen Williams, Associate Director of Enrollment Management Reporting, serving on behalf of APSAC
- Rhonda Lanfear, Secretary for Athletics, serving on behalf of CSSAC
- George Kacenga, Executive Director of Undergraduate Admissions
- Matthew Wells, Executive Director of Strategic Partnerships, Engagement, and Legislative Liaison
- Karen Stachyra, Executive Director of Student Success and Retention
- Julie Wiejak, Senior Executive Assistant for Strategic Initiatives
- Joe Coates, University Archivist
Enrollment Management and Student Affairs
- Korey West, Associate Director, Housing and Residential Education
- Heather Zamojski, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Student Success Technologies
- Ashley Gerodimos, Executive Director of the PNW Alumni Community
- Jamie Manahan, Executive Director of Development
Finance and Administration
- Omar Sahmoudi, Assistant Director, Budgets
- Brian Miller, Director of Public Safety
- Scott Parsons, Senior Director, Facilities and Grounds
- Stephanie Blackstock, Executive Director, Gabis Arboretum
Office of the Chancellor
- Sheila Brillson Matias, Executive Director, Leadership Institute at Purdue Northwest, and Executive Director, Society of Innovators at Purdue Northwest