Create-Your-Own Book Club
Do you have a book that you’d like to read and discuss with colleagues? This is YOUR chance to host your own book club. The Center for Faculty Excellence will advertise your book club and collect registrations, financially support the purchase of the books, refreshments for meetings, and other costs associated with running the book club, as well as include the group members’ attendance on annual participation letters.
Propose a book club for the Summer or Fall 2023 semesters
Last Day to Submit a Proposal: April 14, 2023
Create-Your-Own Book Club Requirements:
- The book needs to provide a professional development theme that fits your position or the university as a whole with final approval by the CFE.
- Provide proposed meeting schedule (minimum of 3 meetings), include dates and times of meetings (in-person, Zoom or hybrid).
- Identify a group of at least three colleagues to have a closed book club or let the Center for Faculty Excellence advertise your book club to the campus community.
- Submit attendance of each meeting to the CFE.
- Share your takeaways and outcomes from reading the book at the end of the semester.
If you have any questions about this new opportunity please contact Christina Nevill in the Center for Faculty Excellence at email@example.com.