April 7, 2020
This will be the first of many monthly newsletters to inform you of important things happening in the world of Concurrent Enrollment at Purdue University Northwest.
CEP Day on Campus:
Originally started two years ago, the ‘CEP Days on Campus’ keep getting better and bigger each year. From chemistry students participating in an on-campus lab activity, to biology students visiting the Cadaver Lab, there’s always something fun for our CEP students to participate in while on campus. A typical ‘CEP Day on Campus’ agenda includes, but is not limited to:
- Opening presentation (led by CEP staff, Dept Chairs, Academic Advisors, etc)
- CEP students sitting in on a lecture or a lab with other PNW undergrad students
- Lunch (provided by PNW)
- PNW students and faculty interaction
- Honors College presentation
- Campus tour (provided by Admissions)
After each trip, students are sent a survey to fill out about their on-campus experience. Some of the quotes from that survey state:
- “Sitting in on the lecture (Pathology) was really eye-opening and exciting.”
- “It was good to sit in and see what a college was really like. I enjoyed the visit.”
- “It was definitely beneficial to my outlook on college life.”
- “Thank you so much for having me and my fellow peers! The tour was awesome and I enjoyed the campus a lot. I had a great time learning about PNW and what the college has to offer. It was also very cool to sit in on a sign language class because I have always wanted to learn. Thank you for the experience and to the student who gave us advice and participated along with us.”
Below are a few pictures from a few field trips from last year. If interested in scheduling your CEP students to visit either the Hammond campus or the Westville campus, please contact Rachel Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 219-785-5236. We would LOVE to partner with you in planning a day your CEP students will always remember.