This will be the first of many monthly newsletters to inform you of important things happening in the world of Concurrent Enrollment at Purdue University Northwest.
CEP Day on Campus:
Originally started two years ago, the ‘CEP Days on Campus’ keep getting better and bigger each year. From chemistry students participating in an on-campus lab activity, to biology students visiting the Cadaver Lab, there’s always something fun for our CEP students to participate in while on campus. A typical ‘CEP Day on Campus’ agenda includes, but is not limited to:
- Opening presentation (led by CEP staff, Dept Chairs, Academic Advisors, etc)
- CEP students sitting in on a lecture or a lab with other PNW undergrad students
- Lunch (provided by PNW)
- PNW students and faculty interaction
- Honors College presentation
- Campus tour (provided by Admissions)
After each trip, students are sent a survey to fill out about their on-campus experience. Some of the quotes from that survey state:
- “Sitting in on the lecture (Pathology) was really eye-opening and exciting.”
- “It was good to sit in and see what a college was really like. I enjoyed the visit.”
- “It was definitely beneficial to my outlook on college life.”
- “Thank you so much for having me and my fellow peers! The tour was awesome and I enjoyed the campus a lot. I had a great time learning about PNW and what the college has to offer. It was also very cool to sit in on a sign language class because I have always wanted to learn. Thank you for the experience and to the student who gave us advice and participated along with us.”
Below are a few pictures from a few field trips from last year. If interested in scheduling your CEP students to visit either the Hammond campus or the Westville campus, please contact Rachel Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 219-785-5236. We would LOVE to partner with you in planning a day your CEP students will always remember.