PNW Partnership: Behavioral Health Academy™
Purdue University Northwest has partnered with the Community Fairbanks Behavioral Health Behavioral Health Academy™ (BHA) to offer a streamlined path to a career in behavioral health.
Through this unique program, you can:
- earn a MSEd degree with a specialized curriculum that will lead to LMHC and LCAC dual licensure
- receive a stipend to offset costs
- prepare for dual licensure to treat both substance-use disorders and complex mental health issues
- gain significant hands-on experience to make you job-ready as soon as you graduate
What is the Behavioral Health Academy™?
The Behavioral Health Academy partners with universities and behavioral health provider organizations across the state of Indiana. BHA programming supports social work and mental health counseling students in learning evidence-based therapeutic practices to treat clients with co-occurring mental health and substance use challenges. Student interns gain hands-on therapeutic experience that prepares them for a career at a community mental health center.
The Behavioral Health Academy uses an innovative model that provides all the academic and internship experience needed to gain dual licensure increasing skill and confidence to provide therapeutic treatments to a diverse population.
What Do PNW Students Receive When They Join?
- Stipend at the end of each successful practicum or internship semester from the behavioral health provider where practicum or internship completed.
- Specialized supervision and training in transdiagnostic evidence-based practices
- Curriculum and practicum experience that qualifies them for LCSW/LMHC and LCAC
- Priority Interviews at partner Community Mental Health Centers for employment post-graduation
- Bonuses from behavioral health provider where successful practicum completed once full clinical licensure is obtained
Behavioral Health Provider Partners
- Community Fairbanks Behavioral Health
- Sandra Eskenazi Community Mental Health Center
- Parkview Behavioral Health Services
- Oaklawn Psychiatric Center
- Regional Health Services
- Porter-Starke Services
- Aspire Indiana Health
- Adult and Child