- This event has passed.
Hispanic Heritage Festival
October 15, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Join us for the first annual Hispanic Heritage Festival! Come along as we celebrate the diversity and richness of the Hispanic/Latinx community. Free food, live entertainment and family-friendly activities will be offered. This event is open to the PNW students, faculty staff, and to the community.
With rain expected on Friday, the Festival will now be inside the parking garage on PNW’s Hammond Campus. This space will still allow us to celebrate and enjoy all components of the Festival! Rain or shine, this will be great!
Typically observed from September 15 – October 15, Hispanic Heritage Month is an annual celebration of the culture and history of the U.S. Hispanic and Latinx communities. Purdue Northwest supports and acknowledges the rich Latinx community on campus and in surrounding areas.
Food and Entertainment
- Food from Mas Tacos in Highland and Tania’s Latin American Restaurant in East Chicago (while supplies last)
- Live band Impacto Boricua
- Yard games and family activities
- Dancers from Ballet Folklorico Yolotzin
- Market with local vendors, including ROCKaBLOCK, Poco Picoso, Art by Danny Ponce, The Busy Bee Cookie Co, Stoned by Mireya, Art by Anali, and CP Nova Artistry LLC
Comida y entretenimiento
- Comida de Mas Tacos en Highland y Tania’s Latin American Restaurant en East Chicago
- Musica Impacto Boricua que toca Salsa, Merengue, y Cumbia
- Juegos y actividades familiares
- Bailaradores del Ballet Folklorico Yolotzin
- y un Mercado que incluye ROCKaBLOCK, Poco Picoso, Art by Danny Ponce, The Busy Bee Cookie Co, Stoned by Mireya, Art by Anali, and CP Nova Artistry LLC
Thanks to Our Sponsors!
- Mas Tacos
- Nipsco: a NiSource Company
- Purdue Federal Credit Union
- Purdue Northwest Alumni Community
To request a disability-related accommodation, please contact the Office of Institutional Equity at firstname.lastname@example.org or (219) 989-2163 five days prior to the event.