Would you like to work as an intern or volunteer for an organization? Are a Communication major? You just might qualify for course credit under Com 49000.
A position with an organization (profit or nonprofit) where you work under a supervisor or manager and receive monetary compensation.
A position with an organization (profit or nonprofit) where you work under a supervisor or manager.
Gain experience. Gain knowledge. Get credit.
- Be a Communications and Creative Arts junior or senior
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0
- Be able to secure your own internship or volunteer opportunity.
- Work for this organization 10-15 hours per week for 12 weeks to obtain credit.
- Transfer students must complete at least 12 credits before applying.
Are you ready? Follow these steps.
- Once you have secured an internship or volunteer position, fill out the Internship/Volunteer form.
- Rhonda Nemri will receive and approve once the form is completed.
- Enroll in Com 49000 by contacting your advisor.
- Write a brief paper describing your experience as an intern or volunteer. Talk about the rewards of your experience and what you have learned. Please note if this paper can be posted on the departmental website for other students to view.
- Have fun!
Rhonda Nemri – Gyte 171/Tech 347, 219-989-8300, email@example.com
Cindy Christ – Porter 118, 219-989-2899, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas J. Roach (Department Head) – Porter 118, 219-989-2508, email@example.com
Communication and Creative Arts Office Support