Help yourself stay well this fall and winter. To protect yourself, you need a flu shot every year.
Purdue Northwest Employee Wellness has once again partnered with with Franciscan WorkingWell to host free on-campus flu shot clinics to our benefits-eligible employees/spouses and official retirees/spouses this fall. Getting vaccinated is convenient and considerate. This year’s vaccine campaign began September 16.
Important Things to Remember
- Bring your Anthem insurance card with you if you are covered under Purdue’s medical plan.
- Bring your completed Flu consent 2021 2022 Form and if covered under Purdue’s medical plan the On-Site Flu Demographic Form
- We recommend wearing a short-sleeve shirt that allows easy access to your upper arm for your appointment.
- Benefits-eligible faculty and staff who do not have Purdue’s insurance can receive a no-cost flu shot during the on-site flu shot events or by requesting a voucher.
- Appointments should be made in advance.
- FluBlok, a more concentrated dose of flu vaccine, will be available to all participants age 50 and over at our on-site flu shot events
Schedule and Appointment Information
Location: Fitness & Recreation Center (FRC), Racquetball Courts (Entrance K1 is ADA accessible)
- 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., Thursday, September 16, 2021
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Wednesday, September 22, 2021
- 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., Tuesday, September, 28, 2021
Location: Dworkin Student Services & Activities Complex (DSAC), room 1113
- 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., Tuesday, September 21, 2021
- 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Thursday, September 30, 2021
- Enter https://franciscan.jellyfishhealth.com/questionnaire in your browser field.
- Under “Choose your company below” click “Purdue University Northwest.”
- Navigate to the campus you would like to attend and click “View Full Schedule.” Click on the date you wish to attend. Next click the time slot that you would like to reserve.
- Once you have chosen your appointment, you will be prompted to log in or create a new account.
- If you would like to receive text or email reminders for your appointment, enter your phone number or email address in the appropriate fields and click the corresponding notification in the gray “Contact Preferences” box.
- Click the “Schedule Appointment” button and you will see that your appointment has been scheduled.
- If you would like to reschedule an appointment, please login to your account first and cancel your existing appointment.
- Your spouse must have their own account. You are unable to schedule appointment for them.
- If you have a spouse, both of you cannot list the same email address when creating an account.
Trouble Scheduling Appointment?
- In Franciscan’s Online Scheduler, try the “Forget your Password” link
- If that doesn’t work you may call Franciscan WorkingWell’s office at 219-762-9744 and they will be able to schedule the appointment.
What to Wear:
- A mask/face covering is REQUIRED.
- We recommend wearing a short-sleeve shirt that allows easy access to your upper arm.
What to Bring:
Everyone needs to complete & bring to their appointment the Flu consent 2021 2022 form.
Those who are covered under Purdue’s medical insurance will also need to complete and bring their On-Site Flu Demographic form.
Helpful Hints for On-Site Demographic Form
- Insurance Carrier: ANTHEM
- Subscriber Name: This would be the PNW employee’s name; if married employees it would be the employee who holds the insurance.
- Member ID: The Member ID is listed below your name on your insurance card and is the same for Purdue employee and their covered spouse.
For You To Review
- Influenza (Flu) Vaccine Information Statement (VIS) is an information sheet produced by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that explain to vaccine recipients, their parents, or their legal representatives both the benefits and risks of a vaccine.
- There is no out-of-pocket cost to benefits-eligible employees/spouses and official retirees/spouses. Flu vaccinations are paid for through a combination of funds from PNW Employee Wellness and Purdue’s medical insurance. If you are covered under a Purdue medical plan, your Anthem insurance will be billed and the vaccination will be covered at 100% as preventive care. If you are not covered on a Purdue medical plan, PNW Employee wellness will cover the cost of the vaccination.
- PLEASE NOTE: Those who are covered by the university’s health insurance plan must bring their Anthem insurance card to receive this benefit.
- WorkingWell will be offering FluBlok, a more concentrated dose of flu vaccine, to all participants age 50 and over.
- In-eligible participants i.e. part-time staff, students may receive the vaccine for only $28 ($68 for FluBlok). Now accepting credit and HSA cards. Make checks payable to Franciscan WorkingWell.
- Retail Pharmacies: Check with your retail pharmacy for flu shot availability. Purdue medical plans cover the seasonal flu vaccine for employees and covered dependents.
- Health Care Provider: In most cases, your primary care provider can administer flu shots. All Purdue medical plans cover the seasonal flu vaccine for employees and covered dependents.
- Request a Voucher: Complete the questionnaire and PNW Employee Wellness will send you a voucher for you to redeem at a Franciscan WorkingWell location. Please note: vouchers will be mailed out after the on-site flu shot event, first week of October.
Most insurance companies cover annual flu vaccinations, but we encourage you to contact your insurance company if not covered by Purdue to confirm. Bring your medical insurance card to the visit, and ask the pharmacist to bill your medical insurance provider.
Did You Know?
Purdue medical plans cover the seasonal flu vaccine for employees and covered dependents. Because flu shots count as preventive care, you can get a free shot at your doctor’s office or your local pharmacy, too. Bring your medical insurance card to the visit, and ask the pharmacist to bill your medical insurance provider.