Bachelor's Degree in Organizational Leadership and Supervision
Bachelor of Science
Organizational Leadership and Supervision Degree Program Overview
Qualified leaders are in high demand in both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations. Purdue University Northwest’s organizational leadership and supervision major with a Bachelor of Science degree program provides students with the necessary skills for effective leadership in a range of settings.
- Our faculty have a wealth of theoretical and hands-on knowledge on leadership and supervision. They are leaders in their respective disciplines.
- In addition to a B.S. degree in Organizational Leadership and Supervision, the program has a flexible plan of study that features two minors, one in Organizational Leadership and the other in Occupational Safety.
Program Educational Objective One
Graduates of the Organizational Leadership and Supervision Bachelor of Science program will lead people and organizations as they advance in careers as human resource, safety, and supervision professionals
Program Educational Objective Two
Graduates of the Organizational Leadership and Supervision Bachelor of Science program will develop and grow professionally after graduation in order to remain effective as they practice within their field.
Program Educational Objective Three
Graduates of the Organizational Leadership and Supervision Bachelor of Science program will demonstrate professionalism and ethical behavior in making decisions in leadership and management roles in business, institutional, and technical settings.
Graduates of the Organizational Leadership and Supervision program have:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve broadly defined technical or scientific problems by applying knowledge of mathematics and science and/or technical topics to areas relevant to the discipline.
- An ability to formulate or design a system, process, procedure or program to meet desired needs.
- An ability to develop and conduct experiments or test hypotheses, analyze and interpret data and use scientific judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to understand ethical and professional responsibilities and the impact of technical and/or scientific solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on teams that establish goals, plan tasks, meet deadlines, and analyze risk and uncertainty.
Organizational Leadership and Supervision Major Curriculum
You’ll take a balance of general education courses, College of Technology core courses, and organizational leadership and supervision courses. Students will learn how to lead in a variety of scenarios, from innovative technology organizations to global teams undergoing organizational change.
Foundation courses provide an introduction to soft skills relevant to leadership.
- OLS 16300 – Fundamentals Of Self-Leadership
- OLS 25200 – Human Relations In Organizations
Courses identifying expertise and areas of concentration in the leadership field.
- OLS 37500 – Training Methods
- OLS 35000 – Creativity In Business And Industry
Courses to further develop knowledge and expertise in leadership.
- OLS 33600 – Fundamentals Of Risk Assessment And Management
- OLS 42100 – Psychology And Sociology Of Safety
Preparing to become successful leaders by consolidating knowledge and applying expertise in a capstone leadership project.
- OLS 47400 – Conference Leadership
- OLS 49700 – Senior Project
Organizational Leadership and Supervision Highlights
Leaders in business, industry and labor make up the Organizational Leadership and Supervision Industrial Advisory Committee Members work closely with faculty and administration to prepare the community’s future work force.
Organizational Leadership and Supervision Outcomes
Many of our graduates pursue careers as corporate presidents and/or CEOs, project managers, production supervisors, project scheduler, human-resource specialists, business administrators and talent-acquisition supervisors.
Organizational Leadership and Supervision Career Paths
A degree in organizational leadership and supervision from PNW prepares you for a number of careers in the field, including:
- Project Manager
- Production Supervisor
- Human Resource Specialist
- Operations Manager
Organizational Leadership and Supervision Scholarships
In addition to the scholarships available to all PNW applicants, students seeking a degree in organizational leadership and supervision may also apply for program-specific scholarship awards, such as:
- Charles E. Miller Memorial
- Jerome Hyndman Scholarship
- PNW Haas Foundation COT Scholarship
Organizational Leadership and Supervision Employers
Graduates of this program are employed in organizations and companies like:
- Gariup Construction
- British Petroleum (BP)
- United Parcel Service (UPS)
Organizational Leadership and Supervision Accreditation
The Organizational Leadership and Supervision Bachelor of Science degree program is accredited by the Applied and Natural Science Accreditation Commission of ABET. This ensures that the program is independently reviewed and meets the quality expectation for that profession.
I love the fact that my classes teach me academic knowledge along with the practical skills I need going out into the workforce. The small class sizes and the personal interactions with my professors and office staff have made my journey towards earning my degree in OLS both rewarding and exciting.
The OLS program allowed me to see many aspects of different organizations as well as the fundamentals of what it takes to stand out in the business world. I had teachers who were attorneys, engineers and doctors, all with very helpful information to not only help me with the degree program but my future career too.
The school is widely recognized for academics and research, so that is why I decided to choose to attend Purdue University Northwest. To date, I have worked three paid internships since joining the OLS-EHS program.
Meet the Faculty
Professor, Organizational Leadership and Supervision
Professor of Organizational Leadership & Supervision, with research and teaching focus in leadership education and training, diversity management and creative problem-solving.
Associate Professor, Civil Engineering Technology
Lecturer, Construction Engineering and Management Technology
Donald Duncan is a continuing lecturer of construction engineering and management technology. His areas of focus are Architectural Design, Professional Practice and Evidence-Based Design.
Earn a Bachelor's Degree in Organizational Leadership and Supervision at PNW
Purdue University Northwest’s organizational leadership and supervision degree program provides students with the necessary skills for effective leadership in a wide range of career fields.
To see how a bachelor’s degree in organizational leadership and supervision from PNW opens doors, from corporate boardrooms to non-profit leadership, take the next step today!