All PNW students have access to academic support services, including tutoring, for free! Our staff offers by-appointment or walk-in tutoring for specific courses.
Our tutors are peers that have taken these courses at PNW. They excel academically, are professor recommended, attended class with these professors and are familiar with the course requirements. Check the schedule and make an appointment to secure your place.
Request an appointment today! We kindly ask your request be made a minimum of 24 hours prior to your desired appointment time.
Tutoring is available for most major courses. Appointment times and classes are subject to change.
Walk-In Tutoring and Study Tables
Walk-in tutoring is available Monday-Thursday on the Hammond campus (Gyte 102). Visit our office to view the schedule of subject and tutors available and/or view it online here. Study Tables are also available beginning the third week of classes. Study Tables provide you with the opportunity to collaborate with fellow classmates and peer tutors.
Review the steps for making an appointment.
Review the steps for canceling an appointment.
By-Appointment Tutoring Overview
By-Appointment online tutoring is available.
- By-Appointment, peer-tutoring is free for all Purdue University Northwest students and available in most major subjects
- Make up to two appointments per subject at a time
- Requests are made 24 hours prior to the appointment, but not more than 7 days in advance
- Two no-shows within a semester may result in loss of tutoring privileges
- Sessions are very interactive, and tutors will lead you in doing your own work
- Tutors will help you structure your work, discover your learning style, and become an independent, confident learner