All PNW students have access to free academic support services, including tutoring. Peer tutors are using Google Meets to offer free online drop-in and by-appointment tutoring for specific courses.
Summer 2020 Group Tutoring Sessions
Join the tutor, and other students that may log-in at this time. Participate as often as you would like and stay as long as the session is scheduled to last. Come prepared to ask and review material.
Tutoring session schedules will be updated as class schedules change
Remote By-Appointment Tutoring
Request a remote 60-minute, one-on-one appointment with a peer tutor. We require 24-hours’ notice to respond to your request. Please watch your PNW email for confirmation to access the link to join the requested session.
Appointment times and classes are subject to change and will be updated as classes rotate.
Our tutors and supplemental instruction leaders are peers that have taken these courses at PNW. They excel academically, are professor recommended, attended class with these professors and are familiar with the course requirements. We do not take appointments—just follow the schedule and drop in!
Walk-In Tutoring Schedules
Walk-In on campus tutoring is not offered at this time. Summer 2020 online group tutoring is available.
Walk-in Tutoring Overview
- Walk-in tutoring is free for all Purdue students and available in most major subjects
- No appointment necessary: just check the schedule(s) and show up
- Peer-assisted, small-group tutoring
- Sessions are very interactive, and tutors will lead you in doing your own work
- Tutors will help you structure your work, discover your learning style, and become an independent, confident learner
What NOT to Expect from Walk-in Tutoring
- Tutors will not do your work for you. Instead, they will help you find your own answers.
- Tutors will not re-teach the course material. You must attend class, do the assigned reading, and take notes to receive tutoring.
- Don’t make exam reviews your only visit to the tutoring center. Students are most successful when they attend tutoring on a regular basis throughout the semester, not just when attending before exams.
Private Tutoring for Purdue Northwest Students
Student Academic Support will make every attempt to arrange free, private, one-on-one tutoring for Purdue University Northwest students affiliated with the specific programs listed below.
- Disability Access Center
- 21st Century Scholars
- Veteran Services
- McNair Achievement Program
- Student Athletes
- Brother-2-Brother (SAAB)
- Sisters With a Purpose (SWAP)
Students should visit the program website or contact the administrator(s) of these programs to request a tutor. Student Academic Support will then attempt to find a qualified tutor. Students can receive up to two hours of free one-on-one tutoring each week, on campus, per an agreed-upon schedule between the tutor and the student.
Are you a non-PNW student interested in private tutoring? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org more information.
Want to join the team?
Learn more about becoming a supplemental instruction leader, tutor or office assistant. You can also see a full listing of Student Employment Opportunities.