Our Supplemental Instruction offers free study sessions led by students with proven success in your courses! Supplemental Instruction leaders are attending key courses and ready to assist you with scheduled sessions.
Remote Supplemental Instruction
Ask questions, practice solving problems and review theory for a specific course through Zoom study sessions facilitated by an SI Leader. All sections welcome.
Supplemental Instruction Overview
- The Supplemental Instruction leader is attending class with you and is there to assist you. Feel free to ask them questions through Brightspace.
- Leaders attending lectures will post the supplemental instruction session days, times, and locations on Brightspace.
- While leaders will only attend the lectures for an assigned course section, students from all sections of the course are welcome and encouraged to attend.
- Although courses cover the same material, individual professors may teach at different rates, cover topics in a different order, and/or put different levels of emphasis/importance on material. You should always adhere to your specific professor’s instructions, preferences, or methods.
- Sessions will end before Final Exam week, although there may be special “Exam Jam” sessions for specific SI courses. Please ask the supplemental instruction leader or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- We offer separate tutoring hours for many of these courses as well.
Want more information about Supplemental Instruction?
Email email@example.com or call (219) 989-3227
Want to join the team?
Learn more about becoming a supplemental instruction leader, tutor or office assistant. You can also see a full listing of Student Employment Opportunities.
Are you a professor that would like to recommend a student to be a supplemental instruction leader?
Please complete the Recommend a Student to be a Tutor or SI Leader Form
Meet Our Supplemental Instructors
|SI Leader||Course||Session #1||Session #2|
|Antionio||BIOL 213||M 3:00pm-4:00pm||W 10:00am-11:00am|
|Amanda||BIOL 213||T 11:00am-12:00pm||R 10:0am-11:00am|
|Chioma||BIOL 214||T 6:30pm - 7:30pm||R 6:30pm-7:30pm|
|Mya||BIOL 214||M 3:30pm-4:00pm||R 5:00pm-6:00pm|
|Antionette||CHM 115||M 3:00pm-4:00pm||F 11:00am-12:00pm|
|Antionette||CHM 116||W 2:00pm-3:00pm||R 11:00am-12:00pm|
|Kelly||CHM 256||M 11:30pm-12:30pm||T 2:00pm-3:00pm|
|Elaine||MA 153||M 6:30pm-7:00pm||W 10:00am-11:00am|
|Nelson||MA 153||T 5:00pm-6:00pm||R 5:00pm-6:00pm|
|Carlos||MA 163||M 9:00am-10:00am||9:30am-10:30am|
|Sydney||MA 261||T 2:00pm-3:00pm||R 2:00pm-3:00pm|
|Kaela||NUR 188||M 12:00pm-1:00pm||R 10:00am-11:00am|
|Natasha||NUR 274||M 12:30pm-1:30pm||R 5:00pm-6:00pm|
|Larissa||NUR 274||T 1:00pm-2:00pm||F 1:00pm-2:00pm|
|Larissa||NUR 28201||M 5:30pm-6:30pm||R 5:00pm-6:00pm|
|Mike||NUR 415||W 6:00pm-7:15pm||R 6:00pm-7:15pm|
|Andrew||NUR 415||M 8:00pm-9:00pm||T 2:00pm-3:00pm|
|Annabelle||PHYS 152||M 12:00pm-1:00pm||T 3:00pm-4:00pm|
|Natalia||SOC 100||M 1:00pm-2:00pm||F 12:00pm-1:00pm|
|Marisa||SOC 382||T 2:00pm-3:00pm||R 2:00pm- 3:00pm|