The department offers a number of resources to students looking for academic support and success.
These range from clubs/organizations to participating in student research projects, including the opportunity to engage in high-energy physics research at prominent laboratories such as Fermilab and CERN.
Chemistry and Physics Scholarships
Browse our scholarship listing to find a scholarship that fits you!
Our majors enjoy close contact with their professors and work with them toward building a solid foundation in their chosen discipline. Resources include:
- Hands-on laboratory instruction
- Research-based, interactive lectures
- Access to state-of-the-art instrumentation
- Smaller department feel for enhanced quality of interaction with faculty
- Opportunity to participate in undergraduate research
- Opportunity to work at national and international research laboratories such as Fermi, CERN and Argonne National Lab
- Research opportunities in the exciting field of quasar astronomy and in computational models of dense star clusters using GRAPE supercomputers
- Opportunity for observational astronomy research using NIRo robotic telescope
- Paid undergraduate TA opportunities
- Free tutoring and supplemental instruction in certain courses available through Exploratory Advising
- Opportunities for social and service activities through the Chemistry and Physics Club, the College Ambassador’s Program, the Science Olympiad competition, and outreach to local schools.