We are dedicated teachers and active researchers who have experience in a wide range of disciplines within chemistry, physics and astronomy.
Several focus areas or concentrations are available within our Chemistry and Physical Sciences degree programs. Our chemistry degree program is certified by the American Chemical Society (ACS), a mark of our commitment to the rigorous and comprehensive curriculum students will experience.
Students will work with faculty who have experience in a wide range of sub-disciplines within chemistry, physics, astronomy, forensics, and earth and space science, and are actively engaged in research. Students will be involved in research projects with faculty and collaborators at other universities, laboratories and observatories.
- Engaging classroom and hands-on laboratory instruction
- Access to state-of-the-art instrumentation
- Smaller student-to-faculty ratio that allows easy access to faculty members
- Opportunity to participate in undergraduate research
- Opportunity to work at national and international high energy physics facilities such as Fermi, CERN and Argonne National Lab
- Opportunity to observe and conduct research using the one of its kind robotic telescope in Northwest Indiana
- Paid undergraduate TA opportunities
- Scholarships for deserving students
- Free tutoring and supplemental instruction (SI) in certain courses
- Opportunities for social and service activities through the Chemistry and Physics Club, the College Ambassador’s Program, the regional Science Olympiad competition and outreach to local schools
- Opportunities of employment in companies in Northwest Indiana that rely on physical sciences
Professor Emerita of Chemistry