Explore resources for College of Technology faculty, including research resources, promotion and tenure guidelines and our Budget Advisory Committee.
PNW research advances the university and community through economic development, student, faculty and staff engagement and outreach activities. We offer intellectual and technological resources to solve business problems and attract new industry, all while shaping regional economic development through world-class research institutes and centers.
Keeping academic excellence as a core value of the university, we offer opportunities for students to get involved in research through their classes, independent projects or by working with faculty.
Promotion and Tenure Preparation
These guidelines have been prepared to guide for faculty in documenting professional achievement. They aren’t intended to be prescriptive or proscriptive but rather provide broad guidance to faculty seeking to set goals and to design their career plans, professional development and activities in concert with expectations for faculty at PNW and the College of Technology.
Budget Advisory Committee
To promote faculty and staff input on resource allocation within the College of Technology (COT), we have formed the COT Budget Advisory Committee. This committee is charged with providing feedback on budget-related matters concerning resources needed to accomplish the goals and objectives of the College of Technology’s 2016-2021 Strategic Plan.
2020-2021 Project/Award Timeline
Fall 2020 Awards
- August 24, 2020 – Call for Proposals, issued by Dean’s office for Fall 2020 semester
- September 11, 2020 – Extended due date for faculty to submit proposals electronically to the Dean’s office
- September 16, 2020 – Committee meets to review and evaluate proposals by this date
- September 18, 2020 – Committee Chair submits to Dean proposals and recommendation forms
- September 21, 2020 – Dean notifies recipients and announces awards
- During Fall Semester – Recipients to submit to Department Chair a brief report on the outcome(s) of the project/activity upon completion of the project
- December 21, 2020 – Department Chairs to submit to Dean a summary report of the faculty projects/activities
- October 19, 2020 – Call for Proposals, issued by Dean’s office for Spring 2021 semester
- November 2, 2020 – Due date for faculty to submit proposals electronically to the Dean’s office
- November 9, 2020 – Committee meets to review and evaluate proposals by this date
- November 11, 2020 – Committee Chair submits to Dean proposals and recommendation forms
- November 16, 2020 – Dean notifies recipients and announces awards
- During Spring Semester – Recipients to submit to Department Chair a brief report on the outcome(s) of the project/activity upon completion of the project
- May 10, 2021 – Department Chairs to submit to Dean a summary report of the faculty projects/activities
- April/May 2021 – Election of 2021-2022 Committee faculty members at department meeting
- Align with a goal identified in the COT Strategic Plan
- Align with a strategy under the goal identified in the COT Strategic Plan
- Align with a metric for the goal identified in the COT Strategic Plan
Spring 2021 Awards
The Budget Advisory Committee will meet at the beginning of the Fall semester and prior to the beginning of the Spring semester to review proposals for funding consideration. The COT Budget Committee will forward comments and recommendations on all proposals to the Dean for final approval.
The COT Budget Advisory Committee will be comprised of three tenured faculty members, one from each academic department, elected by respective departmental faculty members.
Funds are available for the development of projects/activities that are consistent with the College’s Strategic Plan. COT tenured/tenure-track faculty are encouraged to submit project/activity proposals (and supporting documents) to firstname.lastname@example.org for review and funding consideration. The maximum amount of each project/activity proposal may not exceed $3,000 (detailed budget must be included with proposal).
At a minimum, all project/activity proposals must satisfy the following 3 criteria for approval:
Individuals who have received funding during the previous academic year must attach the project/activity completion report with the proposal, signed by the Department Chair. Travel for conferences, including international, for conference paper presentation will not be funded.
At the completion of the project/activity each award recipient will submit a brief report on the project/activity and outcomes, if any, to the Department Chair. A summary report will be submitted by the Department Chair to the Dean at the end of the Fall and Spring semesters. This will provide measurements and outcomes to be included in the Strategic Plan results.