Program Educational Objectives
The program educational objectives of the BSEE and BSCmpE programs are to provide each graduate with:
- Engineering Competence – Graduates are competent and engaged professionals in their field.
- Continuous Learning – Graduates continue developing professionally.
- Professional Skills – Graduates demonstrate teamwork and leadership skills and are contributors in their profession.
- Societal Awareness – Graduates recognize societal, ethical, and global impacts of their work.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Faculty and Staff
Hammond Campus, POTT 304
Hammond Campus, POTT 321