- This event has passed.
Learning Essential Communication Skills Series: Public Speaking with Confidence
July 24 - July 28FREE
Do you want to be understood? Join us for one, or all, of the Communicate, Create, Advocate: Learning Essential Communication Series sessions.
Registration Is Closed
As a pre-college experience, Learning Essential Communication Series participants will develop the communication skills necessary to avoid misunderstandings, develop strong relationships, cultivate growth, and build trust.
This free experience is open to high school-aged students (ages 16-18) and occurs 9 a.m. to noon each day.
Snacks will be provided.
Session Three: Public Speaking with Confidence
To create an everlasting positive impression, you need to be confident in front of an audience. Confidence helps others better understand and respond to your message. It helps you to speak with more clarity and authority. Summer Public Speaking with Confidence Experience students will:
- Learn how to communicate their ideas
- Adapt messages for diverse audiences, contexts, and communication channels
- Use appropriate verbal an nonverbal communication practices
- Have fun!
- Session One: Improving Interpersonal Communication (July 10 to 14)
- Session Two: Learning to Work Well in Groups (July 17 to 21)
To request a disability-related accommodation, please contact the Office of Institutional Equity at firstname.lastname@example.org or (219) 989-2163 five days prior to the event.