FSD 16-08 Revision of Faculty Senate Bylaws
PURDUE UNIVERSITY NORTHWEST FACULTY SENATE
Faculty Senate Document 16-08
Submission Date: 11/15/2016 (Educational Policy)
Senate Action and Date:
- For Discussion, 12/9/2016;
- Moved to Action and Approved, 12/9/2016
TO: Purdue University Northwest Faculty Senate
FROM: Educational Policy Committee
SUBJECT: Revising Purdue University Northwest Faculty Senate Bylaws I. B. 7. b. (I. Composition; B. Committees and Subcommittees of the Senate; 7. Educational Policy Committee; d. Honors College Subcommittee; ii. Membership) by populating the Honors College Subcommittee reporting to Educational Policy Committee
As stipulated in Bylaws Article I.B.2.a. (All subcommittees shall report to a standing committee of the Senate. Subcommittees must consist of at least three members with representation from both campuses. One member from the standing committee shall serve as Chair or Co-Chair.
- A total of five (5) faculty members from five (5) academic colleges representing both campus locations. Selected faculty members should have experience in teaching Honors courses. A co-chair should be elected among the faculty members.
- One (1) member of Educational Policy Committee who should serve as a co-chair.
- Two (2) current students of Honors College who are in good academic standing (one female student and one male student).
- Each campus should be represented with fifty percent of the voting membership on the committee
- Deans of the Honors College, ex officio, without vote.
- David Detmer
- Janusz Duzinkiewicz
- Judy Hack
- Peggy Rose
- Feng-Song Wang
- Assen Kokalov
- Nipul Patel