FSD 16-20 International Student General Admission Requirements
Purdue University Northwest Faculty Senate
Faculty Senate Document 16-20
Submission Date: 03/02/2017 (Ed Policy)
Senate Action and Date:
- For Discussion, 03/10/2017;
- For Action 5/5/2017;
- Approved 5/5/2017;
SUBJECT: International Student General Admission Requirements for Purdue University Northwest
The Educational Policy Committee requests the approval of the Faculty Senate for the following Purdue University Northwest International Student General Admission Requirements.
- General undergraduate admission requirements for beginning international students are:
- an overall high school GPA of 3.0 or higher, or a 5 subject* GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale. Students should have a strong academic record, especially in the areas of mathematics, natural science, social science and the humanities, and
- a TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) equivalency level of at least 79 (iBT) or 550 (paper-based); 6.5 or higher on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS); 2-part rSAT total of 980 or higher, 2-part SAT scores total of 900 or higher, or ACT total of 18 or higher; 480 or higher on the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) Critical Reading or Grade of A or B in First-Language- English – British Ordinary Level English Language Exam (GCE/GCSE/IGCSE).
- International students who apply for direct admission to academic programs must meet the minimum criteria standards established by the Academic Units of Purdue University Northwest.
- Optional: International students are encouraged to take a math placement test [(Assessment and LEarning in Knowledge Spaces (ALEKS)].
* 5 subjects are English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and Foreign Language based on the evaluation provided by World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluations (ECE).
- D. Detmer
- J. Duzinkiewicz
- J. Hack
- A. Kokalov
- P. Rose
- F. Wang
- N. Patel