FSD 17-21 Transfer Credit
February 22, 2018
Purdue University Northwest Faculty Senate
Faculty Senate Document 17-21
Submission Date: 2/22/2018 (Gen Ed/Assessment)
Senate Action and Date:
- For Discussion, 3/9/2018;
Whereas the Faculty Senate has the power and responsibility to propose and to adopt policies, regulations, and procedures intended to achieve the educational objectives of Purdue University Northwest
Whereas the faculty of Purdue University Northwest have the power to develop curricula and course content, develop instructional and examination procedures, and nominate all candidates for academic degrees
Whereas students are able to use credits transferred from other institutions in order to meet the educational objectives of their Purdue University Northwest degree plan
Whereas students meet their educational objectives through a combination of courses in their degree program, courses in the General Education program, and electives
Therefore, be it resolved that:
- Decisions regarding articulation1 of courses and exceptions2 should be made by faculty members.
- Within each Department/School/College3 the department head/director/dean shall have responsibility for approving articulations and exceptions. That duty can and should be delegated, as appropriate, to other faculty including, but not limited to, a program coordinator, a faculty committee, and/or faculty with expertise in relevant areas.
- Articulation decisions should be made by the Department/School/College that offers courses in that discipline.
- Decisions regarding exceptions should be made by the Department/School/College which offers the program in which the student seeking the exception is enrolled or plans to enroll.
General Education and Assessment Committee
- Paul Hecht (Chair)
- Arifin Angriawan
- Libbie Pelter
- Angela Schooley
- Pitparnee Stompor
- Jessica Thomas
- Shoji Nakayama
Transfer Credit Steering Subcommittee
- Jessica Thomas (Chair)
- Janet Garwood
- George Stefanek