CES 17-09 DELETE COURSES ENGR
March 2, 2018
Purdue Northwest Curriculum Document
- Document No: CES 17-09 DELETE COURSES ENGR
- Proposed Effective Date: Fall 2018
- Submitting Department: School of Engineering, College of Engineering and Sciences
- Date Reviewed by Department: March 2, 2018
- Submission Date: March 2, 2018
- Date Reviewed College/School Curriculum Committee: 04/04/2018
- Contact Person: Edward Pierson, Prof. Emeritus and Dietmar Rempfer, Director, School of Engineering
- Approval by Faculty Senate: May 4, 2018
- Date Reviewed by Senate Curriculum Committee: April 13, 2018
- Name(s) of Library Staff Consulted: Not Applicable
- Will New Library Resources Used?: No
- Form 40 Needed?: Yes
Task: Course Change or New Course Proposal: Complete Section II
- Degree Name:
Section II: This section is for changes in courses only
- Subject: Remove courses from the catalog that are obsolete and will no longer be taught.
- Justification: Courses that are no longer taught need to be removed for clarity for our students.
ENGR 12600 – Engineering Problem Solving and Computer Tools Credit Hours: 3.00. Introduction to the solving of open-ended engineering problems and the use and of computer software, including UNIXTM, computer communications, spreadsheets, and MATLAB. Explicit model-development activities are utilized, and students are expected to develop skill at working in teams. This is emphasized both in laboratories and on projects.
ENGR 18900 – C++ Language Programming For Engineering and Technology Applications Credit Hours: 3.00. An introduction to “C++” language programming. Course topics include data types, control flow, operators and expressions. Applications to engineering and technology
ENGR 22000 – Introductory Engineering III Credit Hours: 1.00. Continuation of ENGR 160. Further lectures on the engineering profession and a continuation of computer programming design and implementation. Emphasis on engineering applications.
Please remove courses from the catalog
Course Objectives / Learning Outcomes:
Impact on Students:
Impact on University Resources:
Impact on other Academic Units: