Faculty Senate Agenda, August 23, 2019
August 19, 2019
Purdue Northwest Faculty Senate Agenda
August 23, 2019
10:00am, Portage Meeting Facility Room 113
- Determination of quorum.
- Call to order.
- Approval of the agenda.
- Approval of the minutes from May 3, 2019.
- Welcome and remarks by the Senate Chair (T. Elmendorf).
- Remarks by the Chancellor (T. Keon)
- New Business
- Curriculum documents and updates (L. Taylor).
- FSD 19-03, Curriculum Committee Dates and Curriculog Information for 2019-2020 (for information)
- New Business
- Senate Documents for Action
- Senate documents for Discussion:
- FSD 18-23 on the use of SRA (Ed Policy). Recap of issues for further revisiting for revision by Ed Policy – Senate feedback suggested.
- FSD 18-26, reinstatement of the BS in Economics (Executive, T. Sindone). On hold pending further action to reinstate the degree in the ICHE degree list.
- FSD 19-02, Membership of standing committees (Nominations and Awards, A. Alavizadeh)
- Discussion items:
- FSD 19-04, Faculty workload (Faculty Affairs, R. Vega)
- Senate focus group venue for the Strategic Planning Task Force: the Executive Committee?
- Remarks by the Student Government representative (J. Schooley, SGA President)
- Report of the University Senate/IFC representative (J. Pula): No report
- Open discussion (as time permits).
Committee room assignments:
- Nominations, Elections, and Awards – Foyer Room
- Curriculum – PMF 104
- Education Policy – PMF 113
- Faculty Affairs – PMF 113
- General Education – PMF 113
- Student Affairs – PMF 113