Faculty Senate Agenda, December 13, 2019
December 11, 2019
Purdue Northwest Faculty Senate
December 13, 2019
10:00 a.m., Portage Meeting Facility Room 113
- Determination of quorum.
- Call to order.
- Approval of the agenda.
- Approval of the minutes from November 8, 2019.
- Remarks by the Senate Chair (T. Elmendorf).
- Memorial presented by Prof. Lerner
- Remarks by the Chancellor (T. Keon)
- New Business
- Curriculum documents and updates; consideration of COT minor and potential conflicts with COB (Curriculum, L. Taylor).
- New Business: Documents for action.
- New Business: Documents for discussion.
- Proposal for reorganization of Computer Science (EPC, K. Scipes)
- Electronic communication policy (EPC, K. Scipes)
- Request for written strategies for increasing enrollment (EPC, K. Scipes)
- Discussion items.
- Report on the current status of assessment in preparation for the HLC visit (GE&A)
- FSD 19-12 General Education Course Equivalencies
- Suspension of programs and FSD 18-20 (approved 3/9/18) (Executive, L. Pelter)
- Discussion of issues relating to the Westville campus.
- Report on the Workload Committee (Nominations, G. Domke)
- Summer teaching policies and the current status of FSD 18-19 (FAC, R. Vega)
- Faculty Feedback to Administrators survey for 2019-2020 (FAC, R. Vega)
- Need to strengthen the wording of FSD 17-21 (GE&A) on waivers of program requirements to clarify the need for the involvement of expert faculty.
- Remarks by the Student Government representative (J. Schooley, SGA President)
- Report of the University Senate/IFC representative (J. Pula)
- Open discussion (as time permits).
Committee room assignments:
- Nominations, Elections, and Awards – Foyer Room
- Curriculum – PMF 104
- Education Policy – PMF 113
- Faculty Affairs – PMF 113
- General Education – PMF 113
- Student Affairs – PMF 113