Faculty Senate Agenda January 17, 2020
January 14, 2020
Purdue Northwest Faculty Senate
January 17, 2020
10:00 a.m., Portage Meeting Facility Room 113
- Determination of quorum.
- Call to order.
- Approval of the agenda.
- Approval of the minutes from December 13, 2019.
- Remarks by the Senate Chair (T. Elmendorf).
- Remarks by the Chancellor (T. Keon)
- New Business
- Curriculum documents and updates (Curriculum, L. Taylor). Floor debate on CHESS-SoEC 19-85, 19-86, and 19-87: Revised concentrations in Elementary Education.
- New Business: Distribution of Senate budget funds to the Faculty Development Committee.
- New Business: Documents for discussion.
- Proposal for reorganization of Computer Science (EPC, K. Scipes)
- Electronic communication policy (EPC, K. Scipes)
- Discussion items.
- Presentation on the DAC (Colin Fewer, Debra Wysong)
- Update on suspension of programs and FSD 18-20 (approved 3/9/18) (Executive, L. Pelter)
- Update on FSD 17-21 (GE&A) on waivers of program requirements to clarify the need for the involvement of expert faculty.
- The new budget model (IBBM, Incentive Based Budget Model).
- Other new business.
- Remarks by the Student Government representative (O. White, SGA President)
- Report of the University Senate/IFC representative (J. Pula).
- Open discussion (as time permits).
Committee room assignments: