Faculty Senate Agenda, March 12, 2021
March 7, 2021
Purdue Northwest Faculty Senate
March 12, 2021
10:00 AM-12:00 PM: Via Zoom
- Determination of quorum.
- Call to order.
- Approval of the agenda.
- Approval of the minutes from February 12, 2021.
- Remarks by the Senate Chair (L. Pelter).
- Remarks by the Chancellor (T. Keon)
- FSD 20-20 Memorial Resolution for Professor Emeritus Maria Longas (S. Lerner)
- New Business:
- Curriculum Documents Approval
- Old Business
- Update on the assessment of Experiential Learning and First Year Experience courses. (Faculty Senate Document 18-18 creates a structure for the General Education assessment process for Purdue University Northwest and Faculty Senate Document 19-23 creates a structure for Experiential Learning assessment for Purdue University Northwest) (D. Pratt)
- Update on the General Education Task Force pilot study (D. Pratt)
- For Action:
- FSD 20-17: Procedures for Remote Election of the Vice-Chair Elect (A. Alavizadeh)
- Discussion Items:
- FSD 20-21: Withdraw date for Spring 2021
- Revision of Curriculog process to include approval by non-submitting departments impacted by curriculum documents (L. Artz)
- Reminder for the schedule for submission and senate approval of curriculum documents. (FSD 19-03 Curriculum Committee Dates and Curriculog Training for 2019-2020) (L. Artz)
- Report from Associate Vice Chancellor Stankowski on HLC visit (R. Stankowski)
- Report from Senate Westville Committee (K. Scipes)
- Report from the West Lafayette Senate (V. Quinn)
- Remarks by the SGA President (O. White)
- Open discussion (as time permits).
Committee room assignments: As has been the practice of the PNW Faculty Senate, standing committees will meet directly following the conclusion of the PNW Faculty Senate meeting. These meetings will be virtual as long as the senate meetings are virtual.