Faculty Senate Agenda: September 10, 2021
September 8, 2021
Faculty Senate Agenda
September 10, 2021
Purdue University Northwest Faculty Senate
10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
In Person: ALUMNI HALL.
[We will set up Zoom link for those with auto-immune issues or who are excused in advance by Kim Scipes (email@example.com). Without this, your vote will not be counted).
Zoom link will be transmitted by Thursday.
September 6, 2021—Apologies for late transmission due to Labor Day!
AGENDA: September 10, 2021
- Determination of quorum.
- Call to order.
- Approval of the agenda for today. Any additions?
- Approval of the minutes from August 20, 2021.
- Remarks by the Senate Chair (K. Scipes)
- Remarks by the Chancellor (T. Keon)
- New Business:
- Curriculum Documents Approval (L. Artz)
- For Action:
- FSD 21-02: Nominations & Awards Committee can appoint people to Founders’ Day Award Committee if Colleges don’t act. Approved for action. (T. Elmendorf)
- Discussion Items:
- FSD 21-03: Further discussion of reducing of Senate size. (T. Elmendorf)
- FSD 21-04: P & T Committee members can vote via Zoom as long as they are present for the discussion of the Candidate’s case. (T. Elmendorf)
- For Information:
- Senate membership: Rob Hallock replaced John Spores (Psychology)
- Senate membership: Dave Nalbone replaced Neeti Parashar (at large).
- Senate membership: Need replacement from School of Education and Counseling for Geoff Schultz. UPDATE?
- A Gen Ed nominee can’t make any meetings this semester—must be replaced.
- SAT/ACT as admission requirement—sent to Ed Policy for further discussion, and to consult with Office of Admissions
- Civics Requirement: Tom Roach consulting with Political Science/Economics/History/World Languages Dept on how to proceed.
- Budget Committee to Become a Standing Committee? Referred to FAC.
- Form 36: Should we recognize extra efforts regarding equity, diversity, inclusion in quest for promotion? Referred to FAC.
- Report from the West Lafayette Senate (V. Quinn/C. Morrow)
- Remarks by the SGA President (O. White)
- Open discussion (as time permits).
- Adjournment—see next page.
Committee room assignments: As has been the practice of the PNW Faculty Senate, standing committees will meet directly following the conclusion of the PNW Faculty Senate meeting.
Nominations Committee: SULB 305
Curriculum Committee: SULB 301
Ed Policy Committee: SULB 307
Faculty Affairs Committee: SULB 262
Gen Ed & Assessment Committee: NILS 213
Student Affairs Committee: NILS 240