Checking Your Loan Status
Use the tutorial below to assist you with checking your Federal Direct Student Loans in Student Self-Service.
- You may accept or decline loans offered to you
- If you choose to accept your loan(s), you can accept a partial amount or the full loan
- Accept the Federal Direct Subsidized Loan first if offered to you, it has more favorable terms
- The loan amount you accept, will be split into two payments; a fall payment and spring payment for a fall and spring loan (i.e. if you accept $3,000, you will receive $1,500 for fall and $1,500 for spring minus the loan origination fees)
- Review Federal Loans on the Loans webpage for additional information
- Login to Student Self-Service through the myPNW portal
- Click on the Financial Aid tab
- Click on the Access all of your personal, student and financial information link under Student Self-Service
- Click on the Financial Aid link
- Click the Award Information link
- Click the Award Payment Schedule or Loan Application History
- Select the correct aid year from the drop down list, and then click the Submit button
This screen shows the expected amounts to be paid and the amounts that have been paid.
If you would like to revise an accepted or declined Federal Direct Stafford loan, request a Revised Award Decision form.