High-quality photography is essential for supporting the PNW brand and reinforcing our expertise and professionalism. Faculty and staff members with an up-to-date university-produced “head shot” are encouraged to use this photo to promote high standards and a consistent brand experience for website users.
If a university-produced “head shot” isn’t available, please follow these guidelines to promote professional, appealing photography:
- Source photos should be provided in the highest-resolution format available.
- The photos should feature the subject alone and facing the camera. The subject should be posed in front of a uniform background, with their features visible in moderate, consistent lighting.
- Please do not submit “selfies,” vacation photos or pictures cropped from a group photo.
- Sending multiple versions is a good idea. More options are always better!
- Please leave room around your image if possible as it facilitates different cropping options.
- If you have horizontal and vertical options, please send both.
- For website faculty/staff listings, the final display dimensions will be 235 x 235 pixels, cropped to a circle.
In addition to feature images of individuals, supporting images are a great way to add context and visual appeal to a page. Guidelines for supporting images include:
- Examples for supporting images include a person at work, in a campus setting, interacting with others, etc. Think of these pictures as more “lifestyle” shots.
- Similar to feature images, supporting images should be crisp, clear and in moderate, consistent lighting.
- Photos should be supplied in the highest resolution possible.
- If horizontal and vertical images are an option, please send both!
- Neutral background with plenty of room around the subject
- Crisp and high-res
- Looking direct at the camera
Not So Good Example
- Photo is blurry
- Too tightly framed around subject
- Subject is not looking at the camera