Personal Faculty Pages
Purdue University Northwest support personal faculty websites within the pnw.edu framework. These faculty-developed pages offer the opportunity to list professional achievements and supply contact information and office hours—all while being housed on the reputable .edu domain.
Faculty Profiles vs. Personal Faculty Websites
PNW faculty members have two different opportunities for featuring their backgrounds, bios and accomplishments on pnw.edu.
Hosted within departmental sites, these templated pages are managed at the departmental level. They include an official headshot photo, short bio, contact information and CV (if desired).
Personal Faculty Websites
These expanded pages are managed directly by PNW faculty. They follow approved design templates developed by Marketing and Communications, with WordPress serving as the official content management system.
Personal Faculty Websites Policies
- All faculty personal university websites will be located on the pnw.edu/faculty pages
- For security purposes, Information Services requires WordPress training as well as BoilerKey-supported login.
- Per Information Services, faculty should post all course information/syllabi in Brightspace.
- All faculty members will use the same template, developed by the Marketing and Communications team, and the design of the template will look and feel similar to the main pnw.edu website.
- All personal faculty websites are required to adhere to all copyright laws and be in compliance with the Purdue University Electronic Information, Communication and Technology Accessibility Standard (S5). Faculty members should also be familiar with the Purdue University Social Media Policy (VII.C.2) as it relates to University Business.
Personal Faculty Websites Best Practices
- List professional achievements, such as CV
- Include office hours and contact information
- Can include links to scholarships
- Can include links to a personal website(s) hosted outside of the university
- Add a photo, if available
- Do not include content related to non-university business (i.e. links to outside interests unrelated to your field)
Requesting a Faculty Personal University Website
Faculty members interested in a personal university website will fill out a form and list the Dean of their College as the person to approve the request. The form will be sent to the Dean and to Marketing and Communications.
Once Marketing and Communications has the Dean’s approval, the web team will create a website for the faculty member on the faculty pages www.pnw.edu/faculty and will provide a sample homepage to help get the faculty member started on their web content.
Marketing and Communications will reach out to college deans and department heads to schedule web training sessions that will incorporate WordPress technical instruction as well as web accessibility. Training can be customized to the specific needs of the college/department, such as offering one session to the faculty for an entire college or department.