Hospitality and Tourism Management
The certificate program is available to anyone with a high school diploma or GED. If you are currently employed in the hospitality industry, this program can enhance your professionalism while advancing your career opportunities in this dynamic, rewarding field.
White Lodging School of Hospitality and Tourism Management (HTM) faculty members have a wealth of industry experience and a strong commitment to the development of their students’ careers. Ours is one of the few accredited HTM programs in the country.
Coursework for this certificate includes:
- HTM 14100 – Financial Accounting for the Service Industries
- HTM 21200 – Organization and Management in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry
- HTM 23100 – Hospitality and Tourism Marketing
- HTM 30100 – Hospitality and Tourism Industry Practice
- HTM 31200 – Human Resources Management for the Service Industries
You’ll also choose two elective courses from one of the following areas:
- Restaurant management
- Hotel management
- Institutional management
- Tourism management
- Casino management
- Private club management
The accredited certificate program is qualified for financial aid and provides job-relevant skills to power your future in the hospitality field.
In this program, you’ll get a solid business foundation and a strong understanding of the hospitality industry, including:
- Food and beverage management
- Hotel management
- Travel and tourism
- Event and meeting management
- Conference planning
Beyond the Classroom
We encourage you to get involved in organizations like:
- American Hotel and Lodging Association
- Professional Convention Management Association
- National Restaurant Association
This certificate can lead to a number of careers in the industry, including:
- Hotel sales director
- Marketing and sales director
- Group sales manager
Graduates of this program are employed in organizations and companies like:
- Horseshoe Casino
- Vendor Development Group
- A New Look Spa
PNW’s hospitality and tourism management programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration (ACPHA).
Meet the Faculty
Visiting Clinical Instructor
Michele Lefebvre is a registered dietitian teaching essentials of nutrition. Her background and focus has been nutrition as it relates to food. In class, she combines scientific concepts of nutrition with food.