Study Away Faculty Guide
Faculty-directed programs are a special part of PNW’s study-away program. An increasingly popular offering, faculty-directed programs offer ample benefits to PNW students, faculty and staff.
Please check back frequently on the webpage as faculty resources are continuing to be built and shared with the PNW community.
Please review the following instructions to put together your complete program proposal.
The proposal phase refers to gathering the program components and submitting materials to the Office of Study Away. Materials that faculty directors will need to submit as part of their proposal include:
- Proposal Form/Program Information (including course and academic components of the program)
- Draft Itinerary
- Draft Budget
- Health and Safety Assessment
- Departmental and/or College Approvals
Check back on the website soon to download a copy of the proposal form (or fill out the interest form to be notified when proposals are opened for submission). In the meantime, faculty are encouraged to begin thinking about their plans and researching potential program locations, site visits and thinking about how the international component of the program will enhance your course content.
Mark your calendar with the proposal deadline for all spring and summer 2024 programs:
- October 1 – Priority Deadline*
- October 15 – Final Deadline
* Programs submitted by the priority deadline will be developed first. Faculty are strongly encouraged to submit their materials by the priority deadline in order to maximize recruitment time and allow students ample opportunity to explore program options, funding opportunities, and plan for studying abroad.
Complete the faculty-directed program interest form to be added to the faculty director interest list. You will receive more information at the beginning of the new academic year.