SMSVC/CIVS Research Tapped for the Publication in Journals
Steel manufacturing-related researches performed through the Steel Manufacturing Simulation and Visualization Consortium (SMSVC) and CIVS continues to make a contribution to the academic field of the steel industry in 2020. Five full-length research papers written by CIVS students, faculty, and staff covering different topics of the entire steel-making process from the blast furnace and the electric arc furnace to the casting. These articles include the fundamental investigations of different phenomena and focus on the practical implementation of the model in the industry. All papers have been accepted and published by authoritative journals in related fields and the detailed information are listed below:
- Chen, Y., Luo, Q., Silaen, A.K., and Zhou, C.Q., 2020, “Multi-physics Modeling of Steel Ingot Melting by Electric Arc Plasma and its Application to EAF,” Frontiers in Materials (accepted).
- Okosun, T., Nielson, S., D’Alessio, J., Ray, S., Street, S., and Zhou, C.Q., 2020, “On the Impacts of Pre-Heated Natural Gas Injection in Blast Furnaces,” Process, 8(7), 771 (20 pages). DOI: 10.3390/pr8070771.
- Chen, Y., Silaen, A.K., and Zhou, C.Q., 2020, “3D Integrated Modeling of Supersonic Coherent Jet Penetration and Decarburization in EAF Refining Process,” Processes, 8(6), 700 (18 pages). DOI: 10.3390/pr8060700.
- Ma, H., Silaen A.K., and Zhou, C.Q., 2020, “Simulation of Spray Cooling on Hot Steel Slabs in Continuous Casting,” Journal of Thermal Science and Engineering Applications, 13(2), (12 pages). DOI: 10.1115/1.4046994.
- Zhu, R., Zhou, P., Li, J., and Zhou, C.Q., 2020, “CFD model evaluation in mixed convection with high Richardson number,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 149, 119133 (16 pages).