Purdue University Northwest and Ivy Tech Community College have jointly offered one-week, free GenCyber Summer Camps for high school students.
Inspiring the Next Generation of Cyber Stars
Have fun with this five-day summer camp! You can learn cybersecurity first principles, cybersecurity awareness and discover if higher education and a career in cybersecurity is right for you.
GenCyber Summer Camps immerse learners in hands-on labs and activities, including cybersecurity awareness education gameplay, VR game customization, IoTs system design and security, ethical-hacking labs and cyber forensics cases.
Future GenCyber Camps are tentative based off grant proposal funding.
- Day 1: Cybersecurity awareness training via educational games.
- Day 2: Internet of Things (IoTs) system design
- Day 3: Internet of Things (IoTs) system security
- Day 4: Ethical hacking and digital forensics practice
- Day 5: Team competition to solve a simulated computer forensics case.
- Free GenCyber T-Shirt and USB drive have been provided for each high school student participating in the summer camp.
- Free lunch have been provided during each day of the summer camp.
- A certificate has been awarded upon successful completion of this camp.
The camps have been held at Purdue University Northwest and four Ivy Tech Community College Campuses (Ivy Tech Valparaiso, Ivy Tech Muncie, Ivy Tech Sellersburg and Ivy Tech South Bend).