Faculty Senate Agenda, June 5, 2020
June 15, 2020
Purdue Northwest Faculty Senate
Executive Committee, in lieu of the Senate
June 5, 2020, via Zoom
- Determination of quorum.
- Call to order.
- Approval of the agenda.
- Approval of the minutes from 04-24-20 and 05-15-20.
- Curriculum documents and other curriculum issues (Curriculum)
- Documents from other committees (EPC, FAC, GE&A, SAC, N&A) not addressed below.
- FSD 19-22: Electronic communication policy, for action (EPC and FAC)
- FSD 19-24: Student evaluations for spring 2020, for action (SAC)
- Report on the Back to Work Task Force (Libbie Pelter)
- Resolution on faculty option for remote instruction in fall 2020 (Elmendorf)
- Proposal to merge the College of Technology with the College of Engineering and Sciences (EPC)
- Endorsement of Purdue Fort Wayne resolution on shared governance (Elmendorf)
- Budget question about furloughs for only 12-month contract employees.
- Discussion of Senate budget priorities (Artz)
- Question on “global studies” identifier on PNW courses (Scipes)
- Question about programs to address concerns of and about students, faculty, and staff of color (Scipes)
- Proposed revision to the bylaws to change the term in office of the Chair and Vice-Chair (Elmendorf)