Bachelor's Degree in Marketing
Bachelor of Science in Business (BSB)
Marketing Degree Program Overview
Our marketing major with a Bachelor of Science in Business (BSB) degree program is designed for anyone who’s ever watched a clever or catchy TV commercial or engaged with a brilliant ad campaign and thought, “I’d like to do that.”
If you’re passionate about using the power of messaging to sell services and products or want to learn how to leverage the digital marketing landscape, Purdue University Northwest’s (PNW’s) marketing degree program is the ideal way to jumpstart a lucrative, dynamic career.
- Marketing majors engage with fast-paced experiential learning courses designed to simulate real-world challenges.
- Business and marketing courses focus your studies on a specific area of the field while building a foundation of knowledge applicable to many professional environments.
- We impart the expertise and critical thinking skills you need to adapt throughout your career to changing technology and new marketing concepts.
Marketing Major Curriculum
As a marketing major at Purdue University Northwest, your plan of study goes far beyond the classroom. In tailored general education courses, College of Business core courses and an experiential learning course, you’ll apply an extensive foundation of marketing principles to practical, client-focused projects as you progress through the degree program.
You can currently complete this degree at PNW’s Hammond campus.
Begin with a foundation of business concepts and variables that impact marketing; learn how to give presentations to an audience.
- MKG 42200 – International Marketing
- MKG 42400 – Consumer Behavior
Expand your knowledge of marketing, its uses, and how its key characteristics work together for a business.
- MKG 42500 – Marketing Research
- MKG 42600 – Marketing Channels
Dive into courses on consumer behavior methodology, marketing research execution and extensive professional selling skills.
- MKG 43000 – Advertising Campaigns I
- MKG 43300 – Personal Selling
Participate in external-facing projects that build multi-million-dollar ad campaigns for clients and marketing plans for startup companies. Study international markets and embrace digital marketing techniques.
- MKG 48000 – Marketing Strategy or
- MKG 429000 –Advertising Campaigns II
Marketing Degree Program Highlights
In this program you’ll participate in a variety of instructor-led projects that feature real-world clients and scenarios, from developing an integrated marketing strategy to monitoring the performance of a digital campaign.
These experiences ensure you’ll enter the competitive and dynamic job market backed by a portfolio that demonstrates your expertise in marketing strategy and implementation.
Marketing Degree Program Outcomes
Explore Marketing Program Scholarships
In addition to other financial aid, you can manage the cost of a marketing degree with program-specific scholarships, such as:
- Hugh G. Daubek Memorial Scholarship: Applicants submit answers to three essay questions. Open to Marketing majors with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Professional Selling Scholarship – Applicants submit answers to two sales related essay questions. Preference given to Sales Minor students; minimum GPA 2.5 required.
Learn Marketing Beyond the Classroom
At PNW, marketing majors can connect with peers while gaining relevant experience through extracurriculars and clubs like:
- Purdue University Marketing Association (PUMA): Prepare for your future career under the guidance of a professor.
- Agency 429 (Advertising Club): Put your marketing acumen to the test by competing in the American Advertising Federation’s national student advertising competition.
Marketing Degree Program Career Paths
Our BSB in marketing degree program prepares you for entry-level marketing roles and advanced career paths in industries from e-commerce to fashion. You might qualify for jobs with median salaries like:
- Market research analyst: $65,810
- Entry-level sales representative: $54,940
- Promotions or marketing manager: $141,490
- Public relations specialist: $62,810
Marketing Degree Program Employers
Our alumni work with some of the most innovative organizations across the region and around the world, including:
- Publicis Groupe
- Lipman Hearne
- Digital Target Marketing
This program is accredited by AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International).
When I came to PNW for the very first time on a campus visit, I already knew this was going to be my home. I will be the best that I can be because I am a product of PNW.
The Ad Campaigns class allowed me to put all of my theoretical knowledge to work and create a campaign as a marketing professional. This program took me from student to professional almost overnight.
Purdue Northwest’s experiential marketing courses helped prepare me for real-world work. They made the transition from a student to a professional seamless. The Marketing program offers students opportunities to work with real clients and develop real-life ad campaigns.
Experiential learning courses like integrated Marketing Communications and Ad Campaigns gave me the opportunity to be proactive in my learning, which provided unique experiences that set me apart from others.
Meet the Faculty
Assistant Professor of Marketing
Ceren Ekebas-Turedi is an Assistant Professor of Marketing in the department of Managerial Studies (College of Business). Her research and teaching focus on Consumer Behavior and Psychology.
Associate Professor of Marketing
She is an Assistant Professor of Marketing and the Marketing program coordinator. Her research focuses on Behavioral Economics and has published in distinguished journals and received several grants.
Clinical Associate Professor of Marketing
Matthew Hanson provides 20+ years of professional experience to his students. His focus on developing the digital marketing curriculum and ad campaign program have elevated PNW to national recognition.
Each a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing from PNW
As a marketing major in Purdue University Northwest’s Bachelor of Science in Business degree program, you’ll establish a strong marketing perspective and learn technical skills that empower you to advance in the field and respond to change throughout your career.
Our marketing program opens doors. See how by taking the next step and learning more.