Cultural Heritage Celebration Committee
The Cultural Heritage Celebration Committee plans events that celebrate the diversity of PNW’s campus community.
The PNW community includes students, faculty and staff of various ethnicities, genders and backgrounds. Our committee aims to provide educational and uplifting events to the PNW community in order to build an inclusive campus.
Assistant Vice Chancellor of Educational Opportunity Programs
Professor of Education
Hammond CLO 321
Reach out to the committee with ideas or feedback by emailing email@example.com.
Hispanic Heritage Month
PNW’s Hispanic Heritage Month activities engage the campus community and the public with events highlighting the Latinx communities’ history, culture, cuisine and contributions to the world.
Black History Month
Black History Month honors the achievements, rich culture and history of African Americans and recognizes the important contributions and of Black individuals in society.
Women’s History Month
Purdue University Northwest hosts a range of Women’s History Month events in March to recognize women and their accomplishments
- Native American History Month
- Arab American Heritage Month
- Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- LGBTQ+ Pride Month
- MLK Day
Thanks to Our Committee Members
- Chuck DeCastro, Lecturer of Computer Information Technology
- Naomi Gomez, Library Billing Clerk
- Timothy Griffin, Associate Director of Employment Relations
- Britt Hudson, Assistant Dean of Students
- Maria Hughes, Clinical Assistant Professor of Nursing
- Scott Iverson, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Housing and Student Life
- Natalie Jarrett, Assistant Athletic Director for Academic Services, Senior Woman Administrator
- Collette Morrow, Associate Professor of English
- Maceo Rainey, Director of TRIO Educational Talent Search — Westville
- Melissa Ramos, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Compliance Monitoring Coordinator
- Iris Sanchez, Director of Hispanic Serving Institution Initiatives
- Li-Zhe Tan, Chair of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Jane Thomas, Assistant Professor of Human Resource Management and Organizational Behavior
- Kale Wilk, Communications Specialist