Procurement and Auxiliary Services goal is to ensure that products and services purchased meet the needs of our faculty and staff while following university and state purchasing policy and guidelines.
How to order Under $10,000
Use ARIBA, Purdue’s electronic purchasing system to buy office supplies, computers, printers, toners, scientific materials or janitorial items.
List of commonly-used Ariba catalogues and items:
- Cannon IV- printers, toner and ink
- Dell Computers- computers and laptops
- GovConnection- IT peripherals, computer accessories and electronics
- Grainger- MRO (maintenance, repair and janitorial supplies)
- Graybar- electrical supplies
- Fisher Scientific- scientific materials and supplies
- HP Products Corp- janitorial supplies
- Office Depot- office supplies
- VWR Scientific Products Midwest- scientific materials and supplies
Note – All purchase orders generated through Ariba will state the appropriate shipping address and quote on the purchase order.
|Bioline USA Inc||Life Sciences|
|Bio-Rad Laboratories Life Science Group||Life Sciences|
|Cannon IV Inc||MFDs, Printers, Toner, Services|
|Carolina Biological Supply Co||Lab chemicals/supplies|
|Cell Signaling Technology||Antibodies, reagents|
|Dell Computer Corporation Higher Education||Desktops, laptops, servers|
|Dot Scientific Inc||Lab chemicals/supplies|
|Duncan Supply Co Inc||HVAC, Refrigeration|
|Fastenal Co Laft||Fasteners, Safety|
|Ferguson Enterprises Inc – Lafayette||Plumbing supplies|
|Fisher Scientific Co LLC (plus Fisher Storerooms)||Lab chemicals/supplies/equipment|
|GovConnection Inc dba Connection||IT peripherals, Adobe|
|Graybar Electric Co Inc||Electrical supplies|
|Henry Schein Inc||Dental/Vet supplies|
|Hewlett Packard Co Government/Educational Sales||Desktops, laptops, servers|
|HP Products Corp||Janitorial Supplies|
|Indiana Oxygen Co||Specialty Gases|
|Interline Brands Inc dba Supplyworks||Maintenance, Repair|
|Kirby Risk Corp – Elecal/Indl Electrical/Industrial Supply||Electrical supplies|
|Life Technologies Corporation||A part of Fisher Sci|
|McMaster-Carr Supply Co||Fasteners, pipe, etc.|
|Motion Industries Inc||Mechanical parts|
|MSC Ind Supply||Power tools|
|Newark Electronics||Electronic components|
|Office Depot||Office supplies|
|Qiagen Inc||Life Sciences|
|R.B.S. Inc dba Graham Feed Company||Salt|
|Roche Diagnostics Corp Applied Sciences||Life Sciences|
|Sigma-Aldrich Corp||Life Sciences|
|Takara Bio USA Inc fka Clontech Laboratories Inc||Life Sciences|
|VWR Scientific Products Midwest||Lab chemicals/supplies|
How to order Over $10,000
All orders for equipment and materials $10,000.00 and over must be competitively bid through Purdue University Northwest Procurement Department unless a Special Purchase Waiver(formerly “Sole Source Form”) might apply. Special Purchase Waivers must be reviewed and approved by PNW Procurement Department.
*Purchase Request Instructions for orders $10,000.00 and over: if you have an order that is $10,000.00 or over please contact the Purchasing Department, so we can assist you with your purchase. We will contact you within 24 hours.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: A purchase must not be artificially divided (split into two or more smaller purchases) to avoid solicitation requirements through competitive bidding by the Procurement Department. Purchasing authority will be revoked for individuals/requesters found to be non-compliant. In certain instances, purchases totaling less than $10,000 may be competitively bid by The Procurement Department if deemed beneficial to the university.
How to dispose Departmental Purdue Property
When a University Department decides they no longer have use for single or multiple items, all Purdue Northwest owned property must follow proper disposal procedure for all excess.
Please contact Jessica Dean: Email: email@example.com
New PO Supplier Requests
PNW maintains a large database of PO suppliers across multiple commodities. Departments are encouraged to use existing suppliers whenever possible. However, if a new Ariba supplier is required, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchasing Cards “Pcards”
Some small-value merchandise for orders $1000.00 or less is not available through Ariba. Purdue University has contracted with JP Morgan Chase to offer an efficient, cost-effective method of purchasing and paying for smaller dollar, non-repetitive transactions within established procurement procurement guidelines to conduct university business through Pcard.
The Purchasing Card is NOT intended to avoid or circumvent the appropriate procurement or payment procedures, to be used as a travel card, or for personal use.
Request for Purchasing Cards
- Purchasing cards are issued to individual employees who frequently purchase good and services on behalf of the university.
- The Pcard will have the employee’s name, the University name and an expiration date.
- The issuing bank will not have individual cardholder information other than the cardholder’s work address.
- No credit records or other information of the cardholder is maintained.
- Purchasing cards can be issued for a department but an individual must be identified as the responsible owner of the physical card.
- The purchasing card will have the department’s name, the University name and an expiration date.
- Department cards relinquish the liability coverage provided by the bank.
- Department cards must have a sign-out procedure established within the department.
- Procurement Card Services reserves the right to decline an application and/or adjust requested dollar limits.
How to obtain a card
- Complete and sign the Purdue University Pcard Application and Cardholder Agreement
- The agreement form requires the signature of the department business manager. They will provide the business justification and request the dollar limits and transaction limits for the card.
- Forward original signed application forms to email@example.com
Most Departmental Pcard limits are set at $1000.00 per transaction and $2500.00 per cycle. If a temporary limit increase is desired please complete the Pcard Temporary Limit increase Form (cycle limits cannot exceed $3000.00 for departmental Pcards) in our form section.
Forms and Manual
Schneider Avenue Building 1032
219 989-2238 (Hammond)
Director, Procurement & Auxiliary Services
SAB 1024 (Hammond)
Associate Director, Procurement and Auxiliary Services
SAB 1023 (Hammond)
SAB 1021 (Hammond)