Your Roadmap to Being Career Ready
This Roadmap can help with your career planning! We provide advice and strategies that will allow you to showcase your skills in the best light to employers.
Depending on which phase you are in, we’ve provided a guide based upon The Online Career Center to help you navigate your career journey.
- Explore your values, interests, and preferences to see how it aligns with a career and academic major.
- Learn to leverage Career Center resources available such as Handshake (PNW’s job portal).
- Develop your application documents such as a resume and cover letter.
Careers in Practice
- Feel confident approaching employers regarding your skills and experiences. Learn strategies to effectively connect with industry professionals.
- Identify and select internships that align with your VIPS (values, interests, personality, and skills).
- Build a professional digital footprint by leveraging social media and e-portfolios.
Careers in Action
- Organically develop and grow your network through informational interviews and utilizing your social media.
- Search for jobs/internships/grad schools effectively and intentionally.
- Build confidence in your interviewing skills.
- Continue to develop your professional identity through high-impact practices (i.e. internships, research, critical reflections, and more)
- Navigate negotiating and accepting job offers (i.e. overall compensation package)
- See how far your professional skills have grown