CIVS Alumni Return as Industry Representatives
Five recent PNW Engineering Alumni were among the over 60 industry representatives at the SMSVC Semi-Annual meeting on April 12-13, 2023. Four of them have conducted SMSVC projects as research assistants at CIVS. During the two-day event, they actively provided comments and suggestions for SMSVC projects from industrial perspectives. They are:
- Bethany Worl: Process Control Engineer, Cleveland- Cliffs
- Bin Wu: R&D Partnership Manager, NiSource
- Haibo Ma: Research Engineer, SSAB Americas
- Kevin Kondrat: Improvement Facilitator, Gerdau
- Yanan Song: Research Engineer, ArcelorMittal
The alumni were recognized at the beginning of the SMSVC Semi-Annual meeting and during the keynote dinner. They were also invited to share their industry experiences with CIVS students. CIVS and SMSVC member companies remain dedicated to facilitating the professional growth of a future generation of engineers.