Faculty Senate Agenda, February 12, 2021
Purdue Northwest Faculty Senate
February 12, 2021
10:00 AM-12:00 PM: Via Zoom
- Determination of quorum.
- Call to order.
- Approval of the agenda.
- Approval of the minutes from January 15, 2021.
- Remarks by the Senate Chair (L. Pelter).
- Remarks by the Chancellor (T. Keon)
- New Business:
- For Action:
- FSD 20-14 EPC Resolution of Proposed CES-COT Unification (C. De Leon)
- Discussion Items:
- New Senate IFC representative (A. Alavizadeh)
- FSD 20-17: Procedures for Remote Election of the Vice-Chair Elect (A. Alavizadeh)
- FSD 20-18: Resolution on a Proposal to Reorganize Departments within the College of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences (C. De Leon)
- FSD 20-19: Resolution on University of Evansville′s Current Affairs (O. Farook)
- Update on Outstanding Faculty Awards (A. Alavizadeh)
- Reminder for the schedule for submission and senate approval of curriculum documents. (FSD 19-03 Curriculum Committee Dates and Curriculog Training for 2019-2020) (L. Artz)
- Update on the assessment of Experiential Learning and First Year Experience courses. (Faculty Senate Document 18-18 creates a structure for the General Education assessment process for Purdue University Northwest and Faculty Senate Document 19-23 creates a structure for Experiential Learning assessment for Purdue University Northwest) (D. Pratt)
- Update on the General Education Task Force pilot study (D. Pratt)
- Report from Senate Westville Committee (K. Scipes)
- Report from the West Lafayette Senate (V. Quinn)
- Remarks by the SGA President (O. White)
- Open discussion (as time permits).
Committee room assignments: As has been the practice of the PNW Faculty Senate, standing committees will meet directly following the conclusion of the PNW Faculty Senate meeting. These meetings will be virtual as long as the senate meetings are virtual.