We support internationalization and global awareness through programs ranging from Education Abroad for PNW students to welcoming international students and English Language Program participants.
Supporting International Students and Scholars
Committed to the internationalization of Purdue University Northwest, we provide services to international clientele as well as university and offices. We also enhance the academic, cultural and social pursuits of students and scholars from abroad through expertise in immigration, advising, and cross-cultural programming.
Immigration information is the most important service we offer. We are the expert resource in the areas of F-1, J-1, H-1B, TN, O and PR rules and regulations as well as PNW’s liaison with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Department of State, the Department of Labor and the Indianapolis Workforce Development Alien Certification Unit.
We have information regarding the new administration’s changes to immigration law or practice in the U.S., including travel, visa issuance, Executive Orders and special FAQs.
- Guidance on maintaining good immigration Status
- Extension-of-stay applications; transfer to or from other U.S. institution
- Employment applications, including on- and off-campus options
- Reinstatement applications
- Travel endorsements
- Reduced course load Authorization
- Applications to change non-immigrant status
- Production of immigration documents for prospective undergraduate and graduate students
- Exchange Visitor Program (J-1 student and scholar visa information)
- H1B/PERM Liaison to West Lafayette for Departments hiring non-immigrant faculty Employment-based Permanent Residence applications.
Monday to Friday, noon to 2 p.m.
Monday to Friday, 2 to 4:30 p.m.