Certificate in Forensic Accounting and Fraud Investigation
Post Baccalaureate Certificate
Forensic Accounting Certificate Program Overview
The forensic accounting certificate focuses on data analytics and detection techniques used by forensic accountants. You’ll experience hands-on, project-based learning using case studies, data analysis software and “live” data. Our curriculum teaches you to understand how and why occupational fraud is occurring, how it can be detected or prevented and how allegations of fraud should be professionally investigated and resolved.
Our curriculum covers topics that are relevant to the CPA, CMA and CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) professional examinations.
- Data analytics is one of the most quickly growing fields in the world.
- Our program offers a unique, in-demand skill set immediately transferrable to the marketplace.
- You’ll learn from professors with actual forensic accounting experience, including the detection of fraud.
- You can complete this certificate outside of a master’s degree program by applying directly to this certificate program.
Forensic Accounting Certificate Curriculum
This program can be completed in one calendar year and features night classes to meet the needs of working professionals.
- Intro to Forensic Investigation
- Data Analysis
Forensic Accounting Certificate Highlights
This certificate emphasizes the skills you need to perform data analysis, fraud detection and accounting irregularity identification.
These skills are not limited to forensic investigations. They can be applied to all areas of accounting and business, including:
- Financial analysis
- Evaluation of business outcomes
Forensic Accounting Certificate Outcomes
Upon completion of this certificate, you’ll be:
- Eligible to sit for the CFE exam upon completion
- Proficient in data analysis software and techniques
- Able to identify irregularities in financial reporting, trends and patterns in datasets and internal control issues that can lead to fraud
Forensic Accounting Certificate Career Paths
With this certificate, you’ll be eligible to pursue roles in:
- Tax preparation
- Business analysis
Many of our students progress into managerial-level positions.
Forensic Accounting Certificate Beyond the Classroom
We encourage you to get involved in activities like:
- Beta Alpha Psi (BAP), the honors organization for accounting finance and IS professionals
- Finance and Accounting Club (FAC)
Our program also hosts presentations from industry and government organizations like CPA firms, the FBI and the IRS.
Forensic Accounting Certificate Employers
Our alumni work with some of the most innovative organizations across the region and around the world, including:
- Ernest & Young
- CliftonLarsenAllen LLP
- RSM US LLP
- Ford Motor Company
- People’s Bank
- Attorney General of Indiana
- State and local governments
Forensic Accounting Certificate Accreditation
Our programs are accredited by the Association to Advance College Schools of Business (AACSB). AACSB accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Less than 5 percent of the world’s 13,000 business programs have earned AACSB accreditation. Graduates of AACSB-accredited programs are highly skilled and sought after by employers.
Meet the Faculty
Associate Professor of Accounting
As a CPA and a former audit manager Maureen Francis Mascha has practical experience that she brings to the classroom in her roles as coordinator of the forensic program in accounting and advisor of Beta Alpha Psi.
Earn a Certificate in Forensic Accounting and Fraud Investigation at PNW
Purdue University Northwest’s forensic accounting and fraud investigation certificate expands your knowledge of how and why fraud happens to help you advance your identification and prevention methods.
To see how a certificate in hospitality and tourism management from PNW opens doors, from hotels to cruise ships, take the next step today!