Faculty Senate Agenda May 8, 2020
May 2, 2020
Purdue Northwest Faculty Senate
May 8, 2020
- Determination of quorum.
- Call to order.
- Approval of the agenda.
- Approval of the minutes from April 10, 2020.
- Remarks by the Senate Chair (T. Elmendorf).
- Remarks by the Chancellor (T. Keon)
- New Business: Curriculum documents and updates (Curriculum, L. Taylor).
- Special Business:
- Selection of a Senate representative to the Academic Program Review Task Force
- Challenge to the election of the Vice-Chair Elect at the April Meeting (L. Taylor)
- Election of a Senate representative to the University (West Lafayette) Senate
- New Business: Documents for action.
- Assessment procedure for Experiential Learning courses (GE&A, D. Pratt)
- Discussion items.
- Spring student evaluation of teaching (SAC, A. Sindone)
- Audit of computer availability for students (SAC, A. Sindone)
- Budget issues: administrative proposals to cut as much as $15 million.
- Budget issues: administrative termination of all clinical faculty and continuing lecturers.
- Fall classes: administrative proposal to start in-person.
- Suspension of programs: discussion of the VCAA/Provost’s document.
- Admission of Administrators to online courses Statement from VCAA
- Electronic Communication Policy (EPC/FAC, K. Scipes/ O. Farook)
- The PNW Gen Ed Task Force (GE&A, D. Pratt)
- Remarks by the SGA President (O. White)
- Report of the University Senate/IFC representative (J. Pula).
- Open discussion (as time permits).
Committee room assignments: cyberspace.