Immigration Services

We support internationalization and global awareness through on-campus programming as well as welcoming international students and English Language Program participants.

Three students stand outside together

Health Insurance

All international undergraduate and graduate students who are registered, regardless of credit hours, or in an approved professional certificate program must enroll in the mandatory university health insurance plan unless you meet the criteria for a waiver.

Learn More About Undergraduate Health Insurance

Learn About Graduate Health Insurance

Supporting International Students and Scholars

Committed to the internationalization of Purdue University Northwest, we provide services to international clientele as well as  university and offices. We also enhance the academic, cultural and social pursuits of students and scholars from abroad through expertise in immigration, advising, and cross-cultural programming.

Immigration Services

Immigration information is the most important service we offer. We are the expert resource in the areas of F-1 and J-1 rules and regulations as well as PNW’s liaison with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Department of State, the Department of Labor and the Indianapolis Workforce Development Alien Certification Unit.

We have information regarding the new administration’s changes to immigration law or practice in the U.S.,  including travel, visa issuance, Executive Orders and special FAQs.

  • Guidance on maintaining good immigration Status
  • Extension-of-stay applications; transfer to or from other U.S. institution
  • Employment applications, including on- and off-campus options
  • Reinstatement applications
  • Travel endorsements
  • Reduced course load Authorization
  • Applications to change non-immigrant status
  • Production of immigration documents for prospective undergraduate and graduate students
  • Exchange Visitor Program (J-1 student and scholar visa information)

Important Immigration Updates and News

Contact Us
(219) 989-2082

Walk-In Advising

Lawshe 226
Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Appointment Advising

By Appointment

Logo: Homeland Security, Study in the States

Study in the States is for F1 and J1 Student Visa Holders and other working visa holders in the U.S. This comprehensive tool can help you with a variety of student visa-related questions and issues.

Learn More

Do You Have a Question or Concern?

Your questions and concerns matter to us. Ask anything you’d like, as a prospective PNW international student, and we’ll respond in a video sent directly to you and shared on our website.

Submit a Question