The Explorer Academy at the Purdue University Northwest Leadership Institute is a program designed for PNW staff members to help guide their professional development, build upon their strengths, and navigate all that PNW has to offer.
Invest In You
Build your network of colleagues, develop your leadership skills, and have fun exploring PNW!
Attending the Explorer Academy is your time to pilot the leadership development that can impact your work, home, and community life. This program aims to give you new tools to build upon your strengths and will give you the opportunity to explore PNW culture and assets that make us PNW Proud!
Our program offers one half day, in-person session per month for six months.
Other details to note the Explorer Academy program:
- Our program is designed to be a deep dive into leadership and management content and practical skill-building.
- You will be asked to complete a few tasks before or after our sessions together.
- The 360 assessment will be executed and followed by a customized one-on-one coaching session.
- Each month you will have access to our Leadership Lunch and Learn sessions with other leaders across the region.
- Campus visits to explore some special PNW places.
How Do You Sign Up?
Please discuss your interest in Explorer Academy with your manager prior to applying online. Your success in the program relies on the support of your direct manager. Managers will need to give approval for time away from normal duties to participate in the monthly Explorer Academy activities. The Explorer Academy requires a commitment of your time and effort. The expectation will be that you attend all program sessions and participate in all required activities. Your manager’s support for your involvement in this professional development program is essential as is your commitment to your own growth.
Once your manager has approved, please complete the online application on our website. Once you fill out an application online, the team at the Leadership Institute will reach out to you to confirm.
Your direct manager will need to confirm approval for your potential participation in the program. Once confirmed, the Leadership Institute will submit your request to the PNW Senior Leadership Team (SLT). Acceptance is based on approval from the SLT. All participants will be informed of their acceptance and given further instructions on or before September 16. The total cost of the program is covered by the University.
- Session 1 – September 28, 2022
- Session 2 – October 26, 2022
- Session 3 – November 30, 2022
- Session 4 – January 25, 2023
- Session 5 – February 22, 2023
- Session 6 – March 22, 2023
For more information about the Explorers Academy, contact the Purdue University Northwest Leadership Institute at email@example.com or call (219)-989-2802.