Executive Master of Business Administration
Executive MBA Program Overview
Transform your career today with an executive MBA from Purdue University Northwest! Learn to effectively solve complex business issues, generate and implement innovative strategies, and lead with purpose.
Just 19 months and 30 miles from downtown Chicago, the hybrid, weekend executive MBA program at Purdue University Northwest offers a flexible, cost-effective, cutting-edge solution for professionals and executives.
- Program Length: 19 months
- Focus on analytics and leadership
- Entry point: Fall (September)
- Campus Meetings: Every other weekend
- Course Structure: Fridays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Style: Cohort-based
- GMAT waivers are available
- All-inclusive program fee includes tuition, executive coaching, textbooks and course materials, continental breakfasts and lunches, hotel accommodations on Friday evenings during residencies and a one-week study abroad.
Executive MBA Curriculum Overview
From business analytics to leadership, Purdue University Northwest’s Executive MBA (EMBA) offers a unique, accelerated 19-month program. Study on the weekend and apply the strategies on Monday!
Complete the program in six 12-week modules that address current and cutting-edge industry trends.
Focus on strategic thinking and decision-making; broaden your scope with an international immersion course.
You can currently complete this degree at PNW’s Hammond campus.
Begin your coursework with foundational classes on leadership and business trends.
- Social and Ethical Responsibility of Business
- Marketplace Trends
Examine key business concepts, including innovation and analytics.
- Innovation and Creativity
- Business Analytics
- Leading Collaboration and Inclusion
Broaden your business outlook with practical examples from around the globe.
- International Business
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Risk Management
Learn about marketing strategies and analyzing your impact to show ROI.
- Marketing Management
- Decision Analytics & Business Intelligence
Deepen your quantitative expertise with an immersion in managerial finance and supply chain management.
- International Business Practicum
- Managerial Finance
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
Hone your management skills with practical examples from industry leaders.
- Leader Communication and Negotiation
- Strategy for Competitive Advantage
- Digital Marketing Strategy
Executive MBA Highlights
One-on-one coaching sessions led by our Leadership Institute will help you transform into the leader you’ve always aspired to be. Our program also features weekend classes and a week-long overseas study-abroad trip.
Past destinations include: China, Brazil, United Arab Emirates, Ghana, Columbia, Peru and Panama.
Executive MBA Outcomes
- Analyze and solve applied business problems using research, critical-thinking skills and technology
- Evaluate business problems in a global context, explain the impact on business decisions and create international expansion strategies
- Develop and implement strategic alternative solutions and policies to evaluate business opportunities and expand their enterprises
PNW’s EMBA program includes an international business practicum in the form of a week-long study abroad.
This field-based practicum includes completing a mini project about a firm in the country visited. The project addresses a current and significant problem identified by the foreign firm during a site visit.
You will work in teams, effectively demonstrating interpersonal skills as well as communication abilities appropriate to a collaborative business setting. This experience will build valuable exposure in the world of international business, including cultural immersion during the trip.
PNW’s close proximity to Chicago attracts professionals with vastly different backgrounds. One of the great benefits of the program is that classes meet only on weekends. As a working professional, this minimized the impact on my weekly schedule.
The program helps open our eyes to how business is done in different countries and cultures – and workforces with different priorities – through the international business practicum.
I’ve had an opportunity to meet people from different industries and backgrounds. And I’ve learned from every single one of them. I find that I’m a better student and a better employee because of that experience.
Meet the Faculty
White Lodging Professor of Finance
An endowed professor at PNW’s College of Business, Pat Obi teaches corporate finance, financial markets, derivatives and business analytics. A student mentor, he is also a financial consultant for the City of Hammond.
Chair, Department of Managerial Studies
I teach and conduct research in strategic management: What are the sources of profits? Why are some industries more profitable than others? Why are some firms more profitable than others?
Associate Professor, Human Resource Management and Organizational Behavior | Assistant Academic Director, the Leadership Institute
Jane Thomas is an assistant professor of human resource management and organizational behavior in the College of Business. Her research focuses on relationships, teams and emotions in the workplace.
Earn an Executive MBA at PNW
Purdue University Northwest’s Executive MBA opens new doors, expands your network and increases your earning potential.
Our graduate studies staff is ready to help you take the next step! Contact us at (219) 989-3150 or EMBA@pnw.edu to see how our flexible programs can meet your needs.