Students who are considering changing their majors should contact their current academic advisor. If the student meets the requirements to change, they may proceed with the Change of Degree Objective process outlined below.
Change of Major Process
- Student meets with current academic advisor to discuss change of major.
- Student prints and fills out the Change of Degree Objective (CODO) / Change of Major form (PDF).
- Advisor directs the student to the prospective new academic advisor, who will check eligibility and sign the form.
- Student or advisor may submit the form to the Office of the Registrar:
- Hammond Campus – Lawshe Room 130
- Westville Campus – Schwarz Room 40
- Students may check in myPNW to verify that the request was processed.
New students who have yet to begin their first term at Purdue Northwest should contact the Office of Admissions at (219) 989-2213 to have their major updated. Once they have begun their first semester and then wish to change their major, they should follow the steps above.
Nursing Student Change of Degree (CODO) Applicants:
Students currently enrolled in classes at Purdue University Northwest wishing to change their major to nursing should fill out the appropriate CODO form:
- Undergraduate students with previous college credit should complete the Bachelor of Science Degree CODO Application
- Students who already possess a minimum of a baccalaureate degree in another discipline should complete the Accelerated 2nd Degree Baccalaureate CODO Application
All applications, along with all required paperwork, are due to the College of Nursing by February 1st for Fall Applicants (both campuses) and September 1st for Spring Applicants (Westville Campus only).
Requests for admission will be submitted to the Nursing Admission, Progression, and Graduation Committee in early March/October. Students will be notified of the committee’s decision at the end of March/October. Please visit the College of Nursing webpage to learn more about the Admission Requirements.