Student Organization Event Planning
Interested in planning an event? We’re happy to help! See key steps to a successful event.
Before you begin, be sure you give yourself enough lead time and communicate your plans to the a staff member from the Office of Student Life. We can help to smooth your planning process smooth, make sure you follow university regulations and offer advice to make your event a success.
Submit Your Request
One of our student organization request forms must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the meeting, event, or other activity your organization would like to do. Below you will find several request forms, please use the form which best matches what your organization would like to do.
- Meant for small, regular meetings of organizations to accomplish internal business.
- Meant for large, one-time events held by organizations, which may feature members and nonmembers.
- Meant for student organization requests to travel away from the immediate Hammond/Michigan City area.
- Meant for fundraisers, whether at a table or in a room/event space on either campus.
Student Organization Funds
- Use this to access Student Organization funds. Organization information must be up to date to have access.
- Meant for organizations with awarded SSF funding to request to use their funds.
Are you scheduling on-campus services from any outside vendors (for example, a DJ)? Please contact the Student Organization and Leadership Coordinator.
A waiver of liability should be completed for any recreational programs that are voluntary in nature, or other programs that are different than the typical educational nature of the university. Completed waivers need to be submitted to the Office of Student Life.